Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VP9
Matt.777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2018 08:43 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks,

Is VP9 on the cards for encoding my videos for Youtube at all?

I encode at H265 at the moment at 2k 60 FPS at 45000 bitrate, the videos are great until they hit youtube where they of course degrade them.

The VP9 Codec is a better codec overall and accepted by Youtube, does anyone know maybe the insiders to Cyberlink may know if that is on the cards

Regards
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I think you can do what you want. Youtube will always reencode your video.
They have to, because they encode different resolutions.
They give you a suggestion, which resolution, bitrate, etc. you should upload, but I believ, they always reencode your footage.
So I think, even with VP9, Youtube would reencode...

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Matt.777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2018 08:43 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think you can do what you want. Youtube will always reencode your video.
They have to, because they encode different resolutions.
They give you a suggestion, which resolution, bitrate, etc. you should upload, but I believ, they always reencode your footage.
So I think, even with VP9, Youtube would reencode...

Hatti

Thanks Hatti, I was asking about the actual rendering with a VP9 Codec in PD but all good thanks!