Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 - No White Colorboard??
Marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2009 17:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
It appears that there is no White colorboard to select from the colorboard selections, and there seems to be no way of adding/inserting a white colorboard - please tell me that I am wrong?
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark,
If you select the Media room then colour boards (english spelling;) and then on the right hand side you will see 4 little squares with holes on them. Left Click on this and select "new color board" from the drop down menu, then select the color of board you want and press OK - it will appear in your Library.

Good Luck,

Don Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Marc,
I haven't yet found out why some of us have no white colour board but you can make one as Donald suggested.

See also this post
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7572.page

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2009 17:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I was missing mine, too, but the forum led me to that "make a Colorboard" feature. Was it in previous versions? If it was, I missed it. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
There is also another method that I’m sure everybody has already thought of.

This method is for when you want a very exact and very specific shade of Color Board. Like for instance that one particular shade of Umber that’s in the left hand corner of that sunset photograph from your trip to Mexico, that you’ll be using in your project.

In Windows, do the following …
- Right click on your sunset image and open with MS Paint.
- Using the Eyedropper tool, click on the desired shade of Umber. (zoom in if necessary)
- Click on Colors > Edit Colors > Define Custom Color > Add To Custom Colors > OK

Your custom “Sunset Umber” will now appear in your palette of colors at the bottom of your screen.
- Right click on your Sunset Umber color in the palette of colors.
You will now see that “Sunset Umber” appears twice (2 boxes stacked on top of each other)
- Use the Select tool (dotted line rectangle), to apply that “dotted line box” so it frames the whole image.
- Click on Edit > Clear Selection.

Your whole image will now be transformer into a Color Board of that exact specific shade of Sunset Umber, and you won’t have to do a lot of experimenting to achieve that exact shade in PD.
- Save your Sunset Umber as a regular image file. (I would suggest as a .bmp file)
- Right click on your Sunset Umber Color Board image, and open with your photo editor.

In your photo editor, change the resolution of the Sunset Umber color board to 640x480 for a 4:3 aspect ratio color board, or to 640x360 (1280x720 if you're a stickler) for a 16:9 aspect ratio color board.

I know that in a written form like this, it looks too time consuming and complicated to be worth it all. But it really isn’t. Once you’ve done it a couple of times, it only takes a couple of minutes to get that precisely shaded color board, at the correct aspect ratio, saved and imported to your project’s library.

What? Precise shading is dumb and not all that important?
Say that to a future bride planning her wedding. But be prepared to duck.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Good explanation Cranston -

I just tried out your method, but there's something wrong with my eyedropper - it won't reach the painting on the wall above my desk.

Any ideas?

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Stand on a chair, er, perhaps not, ye seem to be unbalanced. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Barry - that worked. Good tip.
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps you could pass on your easy solution to others?

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.