Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Images on ther tracks moving
GrantCS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2018 03:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have just moved from Filmora to PowerDirector.

I have 2 tracks with images. The images on the top track are displayed on the left hand side of the screen.

When I insert a transition between two images on the top track, the bottom track is thrown out of alignment causing picture sync issues.

Is there a particular way to insert transitions where you are working with multiple video tracks without affecting their alignment on the timeline?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
When you apply a transition between 2 images then you are shortening the total time of the 2 images because the second image is overlapping the first one at the end.

You could change the transition type from overlap to cross to stop the overlap from happening.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know exactly what you mean, but if you insert a transition between two images, and the transition behaviour is set to "Overlap", the allover duration changes, because the following image is moved to the left for the duration of the transition. That affects the track, where the transition is inserted.
To avoid that for still images, you can use the behaviour "Cross" instead of "Overlap", but that does not look good for video clips.
You change the behavour either in the "modify" section of the transition, or, even better, in the Preferences - Editing.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080