Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director stops exactly at one point during production
MariaFNL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2018 15:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have a 4:30:00 minutes video and I am trying to produce an avi or mpg.
Everytime I start production it stops at 00:59:23 seconds.
I tried to slightly modify the clips present around that location, but nothing.
I restarted the program, I restarted the computer but it still stops exactly at the same point.
I have planty of RAM available (15 out of 16 GB) and low CPU usage. No other porgrams running in the background.

Any clue what else I can try?

Thank you
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a 4:30:00 minutes video and I am trying to produce an avi or mpg.
Everytime I start production it stops at 00:59:23 seconds.
I tried to slightly modify the clips present around that location, but nothing.
I restarted the program, I restarted the computer but it still stops exactly at the same point.
I have planty of RAM available (15 out of 16 GB) and low CPU usage. No other porgrams running in the background.

Any clue what else I can try?

Thank you

Hi Maria

I have known this to happen with certain transitions and other complicated timelines, but you say that you have made adjustments. Is the problem occuring in the middle of a clip or at a transition? If it's a full clip, try highlighting it and doing a "produce range" then remove the offending clip ansd replace it with the produced range that will be in your Media Room. If the produce range stops as well I would think there is a problem with the clip. If it's a transition try changing it for another one.

How much space do you have on the drive you are trying to produce to? Make sure there is enough space to take your project.

Robert
MariaFNL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2018 15:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

Hi Maria

I have known this to happen with certain transitions and other complicated timelines, but you say that you have made adjustments. Is the problem occuring in the middle of a clip or at a transition? If it's a full clip, try highlighting it and doing a "produce range" then remove the offending clip ansd replace it with the produced range that will be in your Media Room. If the produce range stops as well I would think there is a problem with the clip. If it's a transition try changing it for another one.

How much space do you have on the drive you are trying to produce to? Make sure there is enough space to take your project.

Robert

Dear Robert,

first of all thank you for the answer and sorry for the late reply. In the meantime my computer crashed for other reasons.
Thank you for the tip about the 'produce range' which I did not know, really useful!

I did what you suggetsed and discovered that the production stops exactly at the start of a clip which is playing in reverse. I have a series of short (3 sec) clips playing alternating forward and reverse. It is always the same clip. The production stops at the first clip played in reverse. If I remove the 'reverse play' for that clip, it will go on and stop at the next clip played in reverse.

So I guess the clip is not corrupted but perhaps is a small bug?

Thank you again for the help!

Bests,
Maria
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Dear Robert,

first of all thank you for the answer and sorry for the late reply. In the meantime my computer crashed for other reasons.
Thank you for the tip about the 'produce range' which I did not know, really useful!

I did what you suggetsed and discovered that the production stops exactly at the start of a clip which is playing in reverse. I have a series of short (3 sec) clips playing alternating forward and reverse. It is always the same clip. The production stops at the first clip played in reverse. If I remove the 'reverse play' for that clip, it will go on and stop at the next clip played in reverse.

So I guess the clip is not corrupted but perhaps is a small bug?

Thank you again for the help!

Bests,
Maria

Hi Maria

It sounds like the PC is struggling due to the complex editing you are attempting.

Try using Shadow Files to edit. Shadow Files will reduce the pressure on your PC and will be replaced automatically with your originals on production. Also, try disabling Hardware Acceleration, it may help.

Did you actually highlight the series of problem clips and produce range? I felt certain that if you replaced the problem clips with the produced range that the problem would be dealt with.

Are you able to post a copy of your PCs DxDiag file so that the experts (not me) can look for a weakness

Robert