Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 and the missing colour board
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone else have these colour boards or is it because I'm lucky.

I needed a white colour board but someone's stolen it.

I haven't installed 1930a yet though - maybe that's the reason. Reloading the defaults doesn't alter it so.....

Dafydd has the normal set in his PD8 and my PD7 machine is also normal.

Someone own up - who's got it? How much do you want to return it?

Cheers
Adrian
[Thumb - colorboards.png]
 Filename
colorboards.png
[Disk]
 Description
My colour boards
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
325 time(s)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Adrian,

Yes I just checked and mine has gone missing also. Although I don't remember if I ever had one, but I definitely don't have a white colour board now.

By the way, where can Download the 1930a update?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2009 05:13

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My white cb is also gone missing.
Also, will 1930a be labeled as such when checking the version?
Mine still says 1930, oh, and I also have a ticket into CL regarding my inability to install all the menus fully, but I digest... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Georg (VI)
Senior Contributor Location: Korschenbroich / Deutschland Joined: Mar 18, 2007 09:27 Messages: 1309 Offline
[Post New]
You can make your own color-boards. Click on the icon right up with the four squares and the green arrow. The next option is "neue Farbkarte / new colorboard" Viele Gruesse Georg
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. I haven't upgraded to 1930a either. But I "do" have a white color board.
Bottom row (row #5), board #255,255,255.
I guess I stole it Adrian.

PD8 ULTRA 8.00.1930

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2009 05:49

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
So, I am not that special - ah well nice to be average in something.

I did look at making a new board (I can't check now- in the middle of rendering) but I think the total is limited to 30 - when I tried it I thought it just replaced another one.

I'll test later. Interesting how some of us are deserving of white, others not. Can you check your RGB colours on the cb's - again I think that they are quite different.

Maybe something to do with colour space/graphics card/monitor setup?????

What fun.

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2009 05:53

Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Adrian,

For what it's worth, here's a comparison of our CBs.
[Thumb - CB a-c.jpg]
 Filename
CB a-c.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
288 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: You can make your own color-boards. Click on the icon right up with the four squares and the green arrow. The next option is "neue Farbkarte / new colorboard"
It's not that.

Adrian,
It was worth posting. I shouldn't have been laughing so much when we compared Color boards last night.....

Please attach your odd color boards here.....

Dafydd
[Moderator]

PS. Mine are fine...
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Here is mine, which is the same as Adrian's, which is the default setting on my PD8 ver 1930.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,
But you have the white color board? 255,255,255,

You can attach up to 100kb files - try a png next time.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2009 07:29

vn800rider
[Post New]
Robert,

How did you retain ownership of your white colour board. Perhaps you are very strict and don't allow them out to play?

Hmm, perhaps my PC has an escape hatch or something - it wouldn't be the first time I've lost stuff from it.

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2009 07:36

Confucius
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Bummer, sorry guys I forgot I had created the white one when Georg showed us how to create one, my bad.

I'll try png next time, one of my favourite shows is about to start.

OK there is an ad

[Thumb - colour-board.png]
 Filename
colour-board.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
286 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 10. 2009 07:47

Cranston
[Post New]
Adrian,

I may have a workaround for you here, that you could maybe use till you get your white color board restored.

http://tinyurl.com/ngr64h

vn800rider
[Post New]
Carsten,

Methinks you have sniffed too much of this recently.

Thank you for your suggestion, it was particularly useless.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
Cranston
[Post New]
it was particularly useless.
People can go years and years before they find their specialty. As for me, the quest is over.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Brother -
Don't bag yourself - let others do that for you! Anyway, CP, I thought it was a great idea... as was your side-by-side CB comparison.

Adrian - of course you're special - remember the old saying, "Never judge a man by his colour boards."

Georg - thanks for pointing that out - it had never occured to me.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
vn800rider
[Post New]
Tony,

But I do, I know it's shallow and materialistic but all the celebrities have white ones and I need to be part of it, colour boards are the most important fashion accessory, and the white one is so this winter season .................................... sorry feeling insecure today.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius