Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Card Comparison Chart
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Video cards are very important to the video editing process. Here is an excellent chart that puts AMD/ATI Radeon cards next to similar NVIDIA GeForce cards to give you an idea of the relative performance of each.

Remember, Nvidia CUDA only accelerates H.264 output and some effects, while ATI Stream accelerates H.264 and Mpeg2 output but no effects. So, choose carefully.

Here's the chart:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card,2362-6.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2009 18:49

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, good post.

Wow, I didn't realize the my 9500GT was that far down the list. However, you have to remember that Toms Hardware is normally concerned with high end equipment for gaming purposes. Personally, I have found my video card acceptable for HD editing. Gaming I already knew it would struggle. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT