Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 - poor support of AVC HD files
marek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2008 04:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I am very sorry but I have to give up with PowerDirector because even version 8 is not able to work with video files from my camcorder.
The output video is jerky and unstable.
Cam: Samsung HMX20C
files: AVCHD MP4 1920x1080 50i 15,6Mb/s

I was trying more than 10 types of known editing software and PD8 is one of 4 that don´t work with files from Samsung cam.

bye
Marek
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Jerky output on AVCHD H.264 is, most of the time, because of old or slow computer hardware. It takes a very powerful computer and video card to process and display it properly.

Sorry you have experienced troubles. That can be frustrating. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Alextzi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2009 15:17 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe see if you can convert to m2ts file (mpeg 2 transport stream H.264) using mediashow espresso first, then do the import?
(I don't know if espresso can handle, but if it can, then do it that way, and it wont have to re render later because SVRT will recognize it in the right format?

just a thought...
Alex
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Just another thought, you can elect to let PD8 create a proxy file (lower resolution file for the editing to be done to, then when you render the final video the program uses the instructions from the proxy file to render the final video) which makes it much easier for a lower end computer to handle HD videos.

The only problem is if it is anything like Serif's MoviePlus X3 it takes ages to produce the proxy file before you can start to work on editing your video. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
marek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2008 04:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
To "on the web" :
I am using AMD PHENOM 4x 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 9600GTS,

so I don´t think that problem is in slow PC

To "alex":
Converting takes time and when I spend money for editing software which should be a "complete solution" , I dont like to waste time with converting in other software .

Besides Sony Vegas9 and Pinnacle12.1 have no problems with any AVCHD files. PD8 came later so I expected full support.