Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8, Blu Ray, Create Folder
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone else had a look at how to create a Blu Ray folder in the Create Disc module of PD8? In PD7 we could select disc type (format and capacity) in the Create Disc Preferences and then Burn with the create DVD folder option and one would get the BDMV Folder. Now that option does not exist in PD8! My only option is burn to disc, create a folder is greyed out. PD8 Ultra, v1930. Others have the same issue?

Jeff
[Thumb - PD8 Bluray.gif]
 Filename
PD8 Bluray.gif
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
428 time(s)
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I'm having exactly the same problem! I never burn straight to disc as something always goes wrong so this feature being disabled is extremely annoying!!

PD8 Ultra v1930
Intel i7 920 2.67GHz
ATI Radeon Sapphire HD4830
Windows 7 RC Build 7100 Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Response from CL Support
We understand your concern related with PowerDirector 8 Software.
In regards to your concern, we regret to inform you that it is not possible to create a BDMV folder, however, you can directly burn the BDMV file to a BD.

NOTE : The "Create a DVD folder" will be only enabled if you are try to a create a DVD folder.

Again, how absolutely pathetic of a response. Actually, not even true, you can also create a BDMV folder with the AVCHD disk type, just not the larger capacity Blu-ray disc. Yes they do check that the folder exceeds the disc capacity. Secondly, they quote “Create a DVD Folder” that is not even the terminology in PD8, they changed it to “Create a folder”. Good insight, make it more a generic of a label and then narrow the capability! Why not simply acknowledge the shortcoming that CL introduced in the PD8 version, have tech support talk with R&D, and give some commitment to correct in an upcoming patch. CL had already spent the development dollars for it to be an option in PD7. To me, a very poor development and execution of a PD roadmap to meet user needs. Honestly, I can do without all the effect icon changes and such, get away from the fluff and fix some core PD issues that have lingered for 15+ months.

Jeff
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
I totally agree, this 'improvement' has caused me major problems. Even with a very powerful pc, I've never believed that simultaneous encoding and burning is advisable, simply because little things can go wrong such as a short sound drop out or occasional picture distortion.

The way I prefer to produce a BD is to write to folder first, check the video and audio and then burn to BD.

I've recently finished my brothers wedding video, a whopping 46 gb project! I never buy 50 gb re-writable BDs because they cost a fortune, up to £20 each. However, due to the recent issues with not being able to write to folder, I had to buy one of these discs, check to see if it was ok, copy the folders to my harddrive and then start making copies for people.

The best thing is, when I produced the DVD version, I could create a folder!!

This whole issue is a total joke, I'm fuming about it! Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Andrew - Wales, UK
[Post New]
I've just past my comments on to CL support. Watch this space for the reply!

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

GEOFF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2009 05:23 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I contacted CL support last week and they advised me to create a folder first when burning to Blu Ray, but from what you are saying this option does not exist? I have always created a folder first before burning to DVD. I am yet to have any success in burning Blu ray after 6 discs and two weeks of anger! I am using Powerdirecter 8 - Does PD 9 allow you to create a folder first before burning to BD? Many Thanks Geoff
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
You need to apply the reg edit in PD8 and PD9 (version dependant).
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8131.page

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2011 17:35

GEOFF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you! I will upgrade to PD 9 today, cheers Geoff
GEOFF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Andrew do you know what "an error occurred when accessing the stream" means when creating a disc direct to Blu Ray?
Andrew - Wales, UK
[Post New]
Hi,

I've never seen this error before, sorry Geoff! I assume the video PD is trying to access is on a hard drive and not a memory card?

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB