Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I need to change file to a .flv extension - Help!
Fred [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2009 09:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have been producing 'Product Evaluation' movies for As-Seen-on-Tv.info web site & the former Web Master was accepting them as Mpeg2. Now the company developed a new Content Management System & they want me to upload myself. The system states the movie file must be an ".flv" file. My research found that I would need at least 3 new softwares totaling over $1,000, not to mention the learning curve time. I could not find .flv anywhere in Power Director & they have not responded to my question.

Any one out there that can help me with creating these movies in a .flv file?
Fred Jarm
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fred,

Many of us do exactly that. Everyone will have their favourite method but I produce my videos to 720p mpeg then use Pazera Video to Flash to produce flv's.

http://www.pazera-software.com/products/video-to-flash-converter/

Alternatively you could use Super© to do the conversion.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html#Dnload

Both are freeware.

I know others produce to wmv then convert.

I would recommend you do a few trials to determine the best settings for your purposes.

Most of my videos on seemyworldonvideo.com are produced and uploaded as flv's, if you want to see several different types of content/sources and the resulting videos.

I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
TwiLite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2009 11:03 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Depending on the flash video player the CMS uses you may be able to use mp4 files renamed to flv. From version 9.something flash supports decoding of mp4 video files. Current projects: www.doornakkers.tv , www.markelbers.nl and www.onsnet.tv (all in Dutch)
Videoman73 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tampa, Florida Joined: Jul 19, 2009 21:46 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I suggest to convert the final product file into .flv by using format factory 2.0, which is freeware and may be the only software for your all conversion needs.
TwiLite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2009 11:03 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I agree, format factory has a nice interface and is easy to use.The only thing missing is a freely selectable output codec( the last time I checked anyway). Current projects: www.doornakkers.tv , www.markelbers.nl and www.onsnet.tv (all in Dutch)
Fred [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you all for your help! I am exploring the suggested solutions & will get back to you with what works.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I like the Koyote, it has alot of presets and a great interface.

http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all -

I'll chime in briefly. I've used all of the above (Pazera, Super, FormatFactory & Coyote) and I still do - but for different purposes.

There are reasonable output options with each, but I prefer Pazera or Super when I need to control the output. Coyote and FormatFactory have more "user friendly" interfaces. They all do the job of converting video formats (Pazera only outputs flv and swf)... and they're all free. It really depends what your requirements are.

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Fred [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again to all for your help! I used Format Factory & it got the job done. Easy for me to navigate & it only took a few minutes.

Fred
Fred [Avatar]
[Post New]
One other point... Why hasn't Cyberlink added such a feature to Power Director? With the many people that need a movie in a flash format, one would think they would incorporate such a software in Power Director. The response I received to my question to 'Tech Support' was just "Sorry, Power Director does not have features to create a flv file." No suggestions or further guidance. I am grateful to all of you that responded to my plea!

BTY, nice bike vn800rider! I had a '79 Harley FLHC & an 87 also FLHC. Until my wife at the time found out about my girlfriend (Now my wife). She signed my name to the title and offed it!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I think FLV has some licensing issues, but I would really like the ability to produce FLV in PD.
As for the bike, girlfriend, and now ex-wife...D'oh!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2009 05:38

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT