Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NEW POWERDIRECTOR 7 update posted on website build 3017
Alextzi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2009 15:17 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Yahoo,

A new update for PD7 has been issued. See

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

build 3017. I will try it out later tonight. I hope they have resolved some of the AVCHD issues and crashing issues.

I also assume that the magic motion fix is part of this build.

Alex

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 07. 2009 04:25

Linda B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 13:42 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone tried this for fixing the magic motion jerkiness? I have my fingers crossed!
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Magic motion works. It seems that Cyberlink still has not increased the bit rate limit for MPEG4. It still has a maximum of 14.8mb/s.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 24. 2009 20:09

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone else had a chance to experiment with this? It seems that you cannot create custom profiles for AVCHD with a bit rate over 14.8 Mb/s. I was hoping that this limitation would have been removed for those who own HD cameras capable of recording at the current AVCHD specification of 24 Mb/s. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Spartan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2008 21:50 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Magic motion isn't fixed for me.

I did a few tests last night with and without magic motion using PIPs and transitions and it's exactly the same as the previous builds.

Linda B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 13:42 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Spartan,

Is your issue with Magic Motion the stuttering/jerkiness? If so, did you try it without PIP's with the same result? Thanks for the data.
Spartan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Linda,

Sorry I should clarify - I am using Magic Fix not Magic Motion.

I am getting a stutter at the start and end of both PIPs and Transitions when they are applied to a clip that has been "Magic Fixed" to take out shakiness.

1. I produced a video without Magic fix but with PIPs etc. Plays fine.

2. I produced a video with Magix fix and Pips. Had the stuttering problem.

3. I produced a video with Magic fix applied and no Pips etc. Plays fine.

4. Imported video number 3 and applied Pips, produced new video. Plays fine.

Hope this helps
Rafa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2009 13:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Spartan,
Just curious to see if you tried producing video with Magic fix and then adding the Pips and producing again?
This has worked for me.
Rafa
Spartan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Rafa,

Yes, that is what I did in step 4. It's a bit of a pain having to do that but it's an effective work around so I'll have to stick with that until Cyberlink decide to fix it.

Spartan
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2009 20:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i downloaded this update and ever since the new music i purchases on itunes shows up in the program as .wav and when i place it in the timeline its just static. is there anything i can do? Can i uninstall the update?