Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Which upgrade to take?
martinexena [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 03, 2007 07:12 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I have for the moment Power Director 5.

My desktop is a MD8800 Titanium (Medion) - intel dual core intel pentium D - dual core processor 830 - 3.0 GHZ - 4gb memory.

I would like to buy an upgrade and also upgrade all the other Cyberlink program I have such as :
- Home Cinema
- Power DVD
- Power Producer
- Power Director
- Media show (but I hardly do use this one)

That was a packet that was pre-installed on my desktop when I bought it.

I don`t know if an upgrade of 1 item forces an upgrade of another.

For the moment I don`t need to make Blue Ray dvd as my desktop is not foreseen of a DVD burner for Blue Ray.

Can you advise me what the best purchase might be? I rather like full program installation tha n suites which have not all the full programms, if you know what I mean.

Many thanks for your help, info and advice.

Kind regards
Martine

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 09. 2009 07:04

Let's keep New Zealand clean!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
1. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/52.page
2. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6133.page
3. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

I think these will help.

Dafydd
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Thanks for the info. Quite some homework for me :

What is the best for me to do. Buy the upgrades/or even full new versions one by one or buy a suite?

If I want to buy them one by one will I not be forced to update the others aswell? I mean e.g. I buy a new Power Director. Will I be needed to upgrade power producer or Power Dvd or Home cinema aswell?

Or can I just buy the new versions/upgrades of each program one by one, matter of budget ofcourse.

Many thanks
Martie
Let's keep New Zealand clean!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Martine,

The products you have installed are OEM versions and it is unlikely that any of them are full versions.

The first thing you need to decide, is do you really need to replace all the products, why would you need PowerDVD as well as PowerCinema, unless you have a specific need to have both.
Likewise, if you use PowerDirector, do you really need PowerProducer, when PowerDirector is a far Superior program. PowerProducer has bundled with it a cut down version of PowerDirector.

You can purchase any of the products without the need to upgrade any of the others. I would be inclined to purchase the full product, not an upgrade.
If you want to be able to carry out extensive editing, then I would recommend that you purchase PowerDirector, remember to completely remove all traces of previous versions from your computer before installing a new version, also make a copy of the file and save to disc or portable HD, then you will have a backup should the need arise to reinstall, which can happen a lot with video editing software.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear RobertJ,

many thanks for your info. It answered completely my questions. Super! Great!

I go first for Power Director.

I will take Power producer later on cause I find it a very good burning program.

Again many thanks for your help. Appreciated it very much.

Have a nice day further.

Bye bye
Martine Let's keep New Zealand clean!