Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 lost the program, please help!!
scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2009 01:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
hi all,

ive been using PD7 on my windows xp computer since february without any problems at all.

but now all of a sudden whenever i try to make a WMV standard HD movie it gets to 33.9mb and then my PC shuts down!
ive only ever made WMV standard HD movies before so i cant figure out why its started happening now!
i then installed the latest update, but still the same problem.

anyway, from reading the advice on this forum i uninstalled PD7, then deleted it from the registry. ive just logged into my account and clicked on "my products" and then pressed the download button. but it wont let me download it again........i just get a message that says "rejected by server, error 403" aborting".
ive tried doing it with all anti virus, firewall etc turned off but still no joy

ive also tried by downloading a trial version (it lets me do that!) and then enter my product key to activate it to the full version but i then get a message that says something about "locate the activation file on the page and download it to a place on your hard drive" (words to that effect)
what page? what activation file? i cant find anything like that anywhere!

help please!!

cheers,

scott

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 03. 2009 08:03

WWW.E-CIG-REVIEWS.COM

if you are looking for a healthier alternative to smoking then visit my site to watch unbiased reviews on the latest electronic cigarettes, electronic cigars and electronic pipes.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Scott,

Oh dear, you seem to have made the fatal error of not saving a copy of PDR7 to disc when you first purchased the product and unless you also purchased the extended download period you will not be able to re download using your existing links.
Can only suggest that you contact Technical Support, you will need to provide proof of purchase, explain what happened and hope that CyberLink will provide a new download link for you.

When purchasing products, you should ALWAYS make a backup copy, either stored on disc or on a portable HD.

Anyway, good luck with CyberLink

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 01. 2009 19:13

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2009 01:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
hi robert,

thanks for the reply.

the customer service team sent me a new download link and ive just installed it

now its installed, could you explain how i would make a back up copy? is it just a case of finding all the files and then copying them to a external HD?

also, do you think the new install will fix the initial problem of it shutting down my pc when i make a wmv standard HD movie?

thanks in advance,

scott WWW.E-CIG-REVIEWS.COM

if you are looking for a healthier alternative to smoking then visit my site to watch unbiased reviews on the latest electronic cigarettes, electronic cigars and electronic pipes.