Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview window in editing won't work
Dillard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2006 23:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I've used PowerDirector 4 for awhile. When PD5 first came out, I upgraded but was disappointed with some of the capabilities that were no longer available.
Recently, the preview window in the editing part of PD4 quit working. Everything else seems to be okay, even the expanded view works. I upgraded to PD5 thinking a driver was corrupted or something but the preview window still doesn't work.
Can anyone help me?
See attached .jpg for clarification.
 Filename
powerdirectorhelp.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
93 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've used PowerDirector 4 for awhile. When PD5 first came out, I upgraded but was disappointed with some of the capabilities that were no longer available.
Recently, the preview window in the editing part of PD4 quit working. Everything else seems to be okay, even the expanded view works. I upgraded to PD5 thinking a driver was corrupted or something but the preview window still doesn't work.
Can anyone help me?
See attached .jpg for clarification.

Margaret,
I want you to:
1. uninstall and reinstall PD
2. I want you to tell me what version of media player you have on your system.
3. tell me what build version of PowerDirector you have ....look in Help/About and give all the numbers there.

I've attached a text as a guide to what you should do to uninstall etc.

Dafydd
 Filename
PD uninstall.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Uninstall/reinstall PD instructions.
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
Dillard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for answering my post. I requested support, but haven't heard anything yet.
I uninstalled and reinstalled PD5 per your instructions. Still have the same problem.
I have Windows Media Player 10.00.004036
I have PowerDirector 5.00.2112 Premium
I am running dual display on Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
and Windows Media Center Edition.
Hope you can help.
Margaret
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you for answering my post. I requested support, but haven't heard anything yet.
I uninstalled and reinstalled PD5 per your instructions. Still have the same problem.
I have Windows Media Player 10.00.004036
I have PowerDirector 5.00.2112 Premium
I am running dual display on Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
and Windows Media Center Edition.
Hope you can help.
Margaret

I'll refer this issue to CyberLink... it's not my area. I've googled "Nvidia GeForce FX 5200" and think your problem is to do with a driver update...but I'm guessing.

What I would suggest you do is think back to when this first occurred and if you updated drivers for your PC or installed a specific software.... it could be a clash...so checking and uninstalling a specific software might help.

Tech Support may have some suggestions.... it is the first port of call.

Dafydd
Dillard [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think it has to do with dual display. It was working until I foolishly tried to see a video on Real Player while PD5 was open. Real Player tried to open in Theater Mode on both screens, then, on it's own displayed on the default monitor. Boom! That was it. PD5 would no longer display in the Preview Monitor.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I think it has to do with dual display. It was working until I foolishly tried to see a video on Real Player while PD5 was open. Real Player tried to open in Theater Mode on both screens, then, on it's own displayed on the default monitor. Boom! That was it. PD5 would no longer display in the Preview Monitor.

I use a dual display and have done for years. The information is interesting though.... umm. I'm going to think about this.

My first reaction is to uninstall Real Player.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2007 14:12

Dillard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, real player is gone. Still no change. I had done that before, then reinstalled without all the fluff, but thought I would try it again.
Still nothing from Support. I have had a lot of problems with support. It definitely is PowerDirector's weak suit. (Forum help, however, is quite responsive!)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Okay, real player is gone. Still no change. I had done that before, then reinstalled without all the fluff, but thought I would try it again.
Still nothing from Support. I have had a lot of problems with support. It definitely is PowerDirector's weak suit. (Forum help, however, is quite responsive!)

I'm guessing.....

I would look to re-install of graphic drivers. Check display settings. Think about installing media player again. Basically I feel you've "knocked out" some drivers or setting somewhere and these need to be corrected.

I don't think anything I've suggested will harm your PC.

Dafydd
Dillard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all of your help. Well, it seems that it is displaying...just behind the other screen.
I run a tv channel, so the computer runs a cycle of "billboard" ads on monitor 2.
If PD5 is expanded to span both screens, it is there, but needs a scroll bar underneath the display window. Now that I understand the problem, I am still perplexed.
Still no reply from "support." Funny name for that department.
M