Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning error
dpriest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2008 13:51 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, This is my first go at using PD, and a very difficult road it has been. I finally have an mpeg file rendered. I want to now burn it onto a DVD. I am starting a new project in PD and loading the mpeg file in the timeline. I then select the chapter button to create all the chapter points I want. Then I select create disc. I select and customize my menu. The mpeg that I rendered has a bitrate of 5400 and is one hour 46 minutes long. Under Create Disc Preferences, I select Smart Fit, because I don't know if the 5400 bitrate falls into DVD LP, SP or HQ. I select a write speed of 8x. I am using verbatim dvd+r blank dvd's, and when I go to burn the project, somewhere after 70% I get a burn error with an error code. This has happened twice so far. What am I doing wrong??????????? Am I going about this the right way given what I want to accomplish? Again, I have created and burned many projects using VideoStudio, but really want to use PD. I ma using PD7 Ultra with the latest build.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Post New]
I have read many of your post regarding your troubles (several I know!) and have not responded and left it to others.

This burn problem is common enough to be a flaw of PD.

My advice in this case would be to burn to HDD first ie "create folder" option. If the folders "burn" OK (just really compiling and rendering menus) you can then burn to the DVD using other software eg that supplied with your DVD burner .....Nero etc.

This method has been more reliable for me and also saved trashing physical discs if the burn fails in PD module.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Good advice pjc -

Though I've not had this problem myself, I've read dozens of posts in this forum to see that it's often an issue with PD7. I've read just as many posts, from various contributors, suggesting just what pjc has -

[b] BURN WITH SOMETHING ELSE

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There you go lads and lasses -

From senior to newbie in no seconds flat. Cool huh? and without surgery or medication!

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Tony

Have you accidentally logged in as another account? I have two with Cyberlink due to a hiccough in my original registration
dpriest [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2008 13:51 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
It did burn to a folder ok. What a buggy program.