Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't watch "The Punisher" or "Bangkok Dangerous" on bluray
Erin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2008 07:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

I just got these two titles from Netflix. Looks like they've never been viewed before--brand new.

When I load the discs PowerDVD tells me this is my first time trying to view a BD-ROM, and insists I choose a region. My region was set when I first purchased this system (Dell XPS M1730--4GB Ram--Dual Nvidia GTX 8800M--Vista Ultra), and I haven't changed it since.

I humor the dialog however and rechoose "1" as my region, and from there I'm greeted with an error:

[Error code: 80040154
Internal error.]

When I click on "Detailed" I see the following:

[The error code is undefined.

Contact http://support.gocyberlink.com. Please tell us how this internal error occurred in a detailed manner.]

Okay, but there's no way to do this at that website that I can find, so I'm here. I just watched a bluray last week on this system--no problems. That title was "BC 10,000".

I'm using: PowerDVD 8 Version 8.0.2815a.0

I checked and that's the latest patch. The very latest.

Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2009 09:46 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
BIG SUGGESTION try using Arcsoft TotalMedia 3 POWERDVD SUCKS
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not trying to defend Cyberlink or your Ultra8 program, but will say I had WAY to many PROBLEMS with WRONG REGION codes from Netflix blu-ray movie rentals.
This was also using them in another Stand Alone player as well.
Many times these rental movies will appear to look alright (no fingerprints or scratches) but will still freeze or lock up during playback.

I finally got so fed up with it, I cancelled my Netflix membership.