Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you add datetime information from your DV CAM capture?
Milzit [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2009 05:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I made a post regarding the "out of memory" message when pressing the timeinfo button, without any response.

I now have an AVCHD cam so I have the datime information in each file. But I have also several DV-tapes.

Do anybody have some suggestion how to retrive the datime information?
Elisabeth G.
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Apr 21, 2009 16:21 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Here is how I record the date and time of each captured interval of my DV tapes using PowerDirector:
Step 1) Select automatic batch capture in PowerDirector. Scan the tape and generate intervals. Each interval will show up as a thumbnail.
Step 2) Copy the thumbnail images using the “Print screen” keyboard shortcut, then paste into a PowerPoint file (or other image editing software of your choice).
Step 3) In PowerPoint, trim the excess screen shot leaving only the thumbnails (see the second photo for the end result). Repeat for each page of interval thumbnails: use the slider bar to scroll down through the intervals.
Step 4) In PowerDirector, hold the mouse over each interval thumbnail. The date/time information will briefly appear. Record this information in the PowerPoint file. See page 2 for the final product.
Step 5) As I edit the footage in PowerDirector, I insert the date information into my movie using titles over a black colour board.
Note: I know, this is long, pedestrian and not terribly slick. But it always works, and only has to be done once for each tape.

Photobucket

Here is an example of a file that I created with all the clips dates recorded on it. I printed this file and used it as a reference while I edited the footage from DV Tape 19.

Photobucket