Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Move Multiple Images Along Same Motion Path
[Post New]
Hello. Hope someone here can help me out.

I have several images that are overlayed on top of each other so that I could fade one in while the other remains status.

Because the imagess are in portrait, not landscape, some of the image is always off-screen. No biggie for the project I am doing.

However, I want the images to all appear to move at the same speed, distance, and direction to make them appear to be one large graphic.

How can I easily apply the motion path to all the graphics? It would be extremely tedious to count the number of times I hit "up", "down", "right", "left" on my keyboard and then apply that to the other graphics.

There must be an easier way!

And no, it is not an option to convert the mixed graphic to one graphic before the movement occurs because that only takes a snapshot of what is showing on the screen at any given time, not to mention the quality of the image tends to change. Sure, I could have the designer create individual graphics that have the mixed images in their respective locations before moving, but I wanted to check here first to see if there is a better option.

Thank you! Best regards,

Anthony Magnabosco
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Do I understand correctly - you have a group of images that change between each other and you want to them all to track along the same path as they do so but overlaid on a background video.

If that is correct then I would break it down into two stages and first produce a video of the multiple images as they change. Having done that, use that single video file to add to your project and keyframe it to suit your needs.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Not 100% clear on your exact requirements.

But if you have your graphics on seperate timelines then it is possible to copy and paste a motion path to each one.

However, the easiest/quickest way is by copying and pasting Keyframe Atrributes, which, of course, pre-supposes that the attributes are the same for each one so.....?

Might be worth playing with?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi magnabosco -

This tutorial might help with your question... it's along the lines of suggestions above.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!