Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD-16: Transitions in my current project are slowing down video rendering...
Big Mac Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 16, 2015 23:28 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I just finished editing the video for my new project in PD-16 which I purchased about 18 months ago. I started applying transitions this morning but almost immediately noticed that even applying fades between clips slows the video rendering to the point that video (and audio) are slow, choppy, and lagging behind. If I remove the transitions, video rendering goes back to normal.

This is a large project, slightly over an hour (almost all video). I checked the memory on my computer and there still appears to be plenty. I opened up a similarly sized completed project of a trip to Europe over a year ago I did on the same computer to see if the rendering was now slow there as well. However, when I view this previously completed project, it is fine and rendering normal in PD even with all of the transitions, effects, etc.

This is the 4th large project I've done on PD14 & now PD16. I have never experienced this sort of issue when applying transitions anytime until now. The first few projects I did were on an older computer with less memory, etc. and I never had this issue there either.

Can anyone provide any insight on what the problem may be? Is it a computer memory or RAM issue or a problem with PD? This issue is impairing my ability to properly apply transitions, effects, etc on the right places in the clips. Any help is greatly appreciated!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2018 18:05

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just finished editing the video for my new project in PD-16 which I purchased about 18 months ago. I started applying transitions this morning but almost immediately noticed that even applying fades between clips slows the video rendering to the point that video (and audio) are slow, choppy, and lagging behind. If I remove the transitions, video rendering goes back to normal.

This is a large project, slightly over an hour (almost all video). I checked the memory on my computer and there still appears to be plenty. I opened up a similarly sized completed project of a trip to Europe over a year ago I did on the same computer to see if the rendering was now slow there as well. However, when I view this previously completed project, it is fine and rendering normal in PD even with all of the transitions, effects, etc.

This is the 4th large project I've done on PD14 & now PD16. I have never experienced this sort of issue when applying transitions anytime until now. The first few projects I did were on an older computer with less memory, etc. and I never had this issue there either.

Can anyone provide any insight on what the problem may be? Is it a computer memory or RAM issue or a problem with PD? This issue is impairing my ability to properly apply transitions, effects, etc on the right places in the clips. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi BMJ

Are you sure it's PD16? PD16 has only been out for about 8 months.

The members will have a better chance of advising you if you post you computer's DxDiag file. I suspect the transitions are the last straw for the hardware capabilities. Anyway, the DxDiag file will throw some light on the subject Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Big Mac Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
You are correct, I have PD-15, not PD 16. Both my current project and previously completed project are PD 15 projects. I'm not sure how to post my Diag dx but will try to attach it here:
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Diag dx
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
202 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2018 13:34

[Post New]
Quote You are correct, I have PD-15, not PD 16. Both my current project and previously completed project are PD 15 projects. I'm not sure how to post my Diag dx but will try to attach it here:

1. Are you watching the edited clip in the preview section or AFTER it is rendered to a file ?

2. PD 15 and 16 are similar in rendering speed.

3. It is normal for your PC to slow down as any change to a clip introduces bit processing time that. It cannot be instanteneous.

Big Mac Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You are correct, I have PD-15, not PD 16. Both my current project and previously completed project are PD 15 projects. I'm not sure how to post my Diag dx but will try to attach it here:

1. Are you watching the edited clip in the preview section or AFTER it is rendered to a file ?

2. PD 15 and 16 are similar in rendering speed.

3. It is normal for your PC to slow down as any change to a clip introduces bit processing time that. It cannot be instanteneous.

Thank Al Vodi,

I am watching the edited clips on the timeline as I apply transitions, etc. This is have I have always done it in the past when working on projects on PD15 and this computer but this is the first time I’ve experienced slow down on the timeline real time when doing this. Not sure if that answers your question, though..

Even if it rendered correctly when I eventually produce and burn the video, with this issue it is going to be pretty difficult to finish the project and get titles, etc in the right spots. Getting audio and music volumes adjusted to the right levels on clips where they overlap will be almost impossible given the lag in video and the audio being ahead of it on the timeline.

Not sure why my processor would be slowing down so much on this project given the fact it has never been an issue in the past. Does it look maxed out based on what is currently showing in the DIAG DX Inposted previously?