Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I crop multiple clips?
DennyMan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2018 14:36 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
The "combine" command only works for unedited clips that were originally joined. Also, you cannot use key frames for extending one clip's cropping to other clips. So, there is apparently no established way of using the same cropping for multiple clips that have been arranged together on the time line.

UNTIL NOW...

I discovered a very easy way but I really think there should be a better way. Maybe you can do this better in older versions.

All you have to do is arrange the clips together on the time line.

Go to Produce section. Select MP4 and then press Start (I did MP4 but I suppose other options might work)

This takes a while to render. Once it does go to Edit section

The MP4 clip you just created is now in the Library

Select and drag it on to the time line.

You now have a clip that includes all the clips that you couldn't crop at the same time.

Now you can crop the whole new long clip at once.

If someone knows a faster way, please post it.

Thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DennyMan -

The same result can be obtained much more efficiently in PiP Designer...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
DennyMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
THANKS!

I watched the video a couple of times and I am eager to try it out.
DennyMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony,

I watched your video several time and tried to work on my own clips but I can't find any place in PiP Designer that allows you to do

crop/zoom. I get how to resize the image and move it around to different locations on the screen like you did in your video but I

don't see any possibilities of crop/zoom.

Thanks,

Dennis
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
To crop means to snip parts of the video on all sizes. The result is zoomed to the screen size. That is the same effect as if you zoomed the screen to the detail that you want to see.
I made a video for it some time ago:

<a>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVChrxXdUDc</a>

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Tony,

I watched your video several time and tried to work on my own clips but I can't find any place in PiP Designer that allows you to do

crop/zoom. I get how to resize the image and move it around to different locations on the screen like you did in your video but I

Thanks,

Dennis

I have a few videos that you might find useful.

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
DennyMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you!

This was very helpful
DennyMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Tony,

Thanks,

Dennis

I have a few videos that you might find useful.

Thanks,

This really helped me a lot