Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color correction for time lapse
CalvinG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2012 10:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder if anyone can help me with a solution for flickering problems when creating time lapse videos. I just started experimenting with creating time lapses. I color correct in PhotoDirector before bringing the photo sequence into PowerDirector. However, I have noticed that sometimes there is a slight flicker in the color / light as the time lapse plays.

I am aware that some other time lapse software can auto-correct between exposures and I'm wondering if this is a feature in PhotoDirector that I am unaware of.

Thanks.

Calvin
[Post New]
Hello Calvin,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum.

Quite a coincidence! Only recently, I shot a timelapse sequence & I'm now faced with a similar challenge. I don't have a great deal of experience with timelapse & was partly doing it to learn the process.

I made some mistakes! The first was camera position. The sequence was recorded over 2 hours &, for part of it, the sun glared through the trees. It's quite amazing how light changes over that period even though it was in the middle of the day. My other error, I believe, was leaving the camera set on "Auto". That, and the shifting light, has left my with similar flickering when playing the sequence back.

PhotoDirector, as far as I'm aware, doresn't have a feature to auto-correct. I'm currently going through each of the photos trying to overcome my errors manually.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2018 15:53

PIX YouTube channel
CalvinG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2012 10:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks PIX. I set everything to manual exposure to maintain consistent light levels. My 22 second test is here: https://youtu.be/Jqp6F0dPff4

I think two sets of time lapses were good but you can see the middle set — of the clouds — has some flickering, even in fully manual.

I may have to recommend this improvement suggestion as a lot of people are now doing time lapses.

Regards,

Calvin
websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, pix for the guidance.