Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TitlerPro 1.5 curiosity
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
In PD16 I have a puzzle...

On track 1 I have an ordinary piece of text of say 5 seconds. On track 2 I have a 5s video clip starting at 2s and it has a fade in of 1 second. The idea being that as the video fades in it progressively obscures the text on track 1. All works just as you would expect.

Now I change the simple text for a NewBlue Titler Pro 1.5 piece of animated text, just to look nicer. In the same place and everything overlapping as before, the TitlerPro piece of text seems to affect the video fade in, like it does not fade any more, it just starts immediately at full opacity. The gradual obscuration of the text remains as the fade in slope dictates, but rather than the video fading in like it should it starts immediately.

Is this a bug or is it me missing something?

Yes I appreciate I could achieve a similar output if I put the TitlerPro piece on a higher track and then made it fade itself like I want, but its the discovery of the anomoly that sparks my curiosity, any thoughts?

Alan.
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to replicate your scenario. If I understand correctly, you have a regular title on track1. And then a Titler Pro title replaces it in your second example. Then on track 2 you have video that begins two seconds later and has a one second fade-in. So the effect is that the video obscures the title rather than the title fading out.

When I inserted a new track as track 1 and put a color board on it, and moved each of the other tracks down without changing the order, the effect was the same with the regular title and the Titler Pro title. The difference went away.

It must have something to do with how Titler Pro manages the background when it's not resting on top of another layer that contains content.

-Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2018 17:35

AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I tried to replicate your scenario. If I understand correctly, you have a regular title on track1. And then a Titler Pro title replaces it in your second example. Then on track 2 you have video that begins two seconds later and has a one second fade-in. So the effect is that the video obscures the title rather than the title fading out.

When I inserted a new track as track 1 and put a color board on it, and moved each of the other tracks down without changing the order, the effect was the same with the regular title and the Titler Pro title. The difference went away.

It must have something to do with how Titler Pro manages the background when it's not resting on top of another layer that contains content.

-Jim

It is almost definately your last point - although I cannot see why TitlerPro influences the effect of the track above (visually) it (the fade bit) and yet the influence of the track above it is correct on titlerpro image. Seems like an error influence, but a simple solution overcomes this oddity, so I guess it gets left like that until someone encounters a similar interraction that can't be so easily overcome.

Thanks for your input.
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Alan,

It would be nice if the next iteration of PD usses a newer version of Titler Pro and that this might avoid the anomaly.

Jim
AlanR47
[Post New]
Quote Alan,

It would be nice if the next iteration of PD usses a newer version of Titler Pro and that this might avoid the anomaly.

Jim

Hear hear - I looked into buying a more up to date version and they only seem to do v6 now - and depending upon variant they are between $299 and $499 - has a much more professional looking GUI though - but for bells and whistles way beyound my understanding or even need - its not for me.

Alan.
JimIowa
[Post New]
Alan,

I have the Titler Pro 5.0 standalone, but have not had the time to really get into it. The interface is much better, as you note. It seems to be able to do more with bevels and lighting from multiple angles. New Blue could gain a lot more fans if the next version of PD had a newer version--with documentation.

--Jim