Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Updated to PD16 - old version query
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I have just purchased the DIrector Suite which has given me access to PowerDirector 16 from my previous PD15, as well as the various other updates to progs in the suite

I have 2 questions

1. Can I uninstall safely the old versions of all the programs that came with the old suite ?

2. I notice when right clicking on a film strip, and getting the Video / Image edit menu that Photo Director is greyed out and cannot be accessed. This happens if the item clicked is a film, or a still image.

It is installed however in the new suite of programs just purchased. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong

thanks
Andrew
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone ??

thanks
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Photodirector only activates if an image or photo is highlighted. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote I have just purchased the DIrector Suite which has given me access to PowerDirector 16 from my previous PD15, as well as the various other updates to progs in the suite

I have 2 questions

1. Can I uninstall safely the old versions of all the programs that came with the old suite ?

An update is common, it automatically uninstalls the previous version.
If this has not happened, you can uninstall directly from Control Panel / Programs and Features.

2. I notice when right clicking on a film strip, and getting the Video / Image edit menu that Photo Director is greyed out and cannot be accessed. This happens if the item clicked is a film, or a still image.

In the timeline, you should highlight the image or video, to open the possible options for editing

In the case of PhotoDirector, open the application drag the photo's directly into it

It is installed however in the new suite of programs just purchased. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong

thanks
Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2018 12:02

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I missed the line where you wrote also on a still image. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT