Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding voice track to a music track
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I know how to record a voice over onto a video clip, but cannot work out how to add a wav. file with the words already recorded on top of a music video

Words.wav onto music.wav, so I can hear the words and have the music in the background

Can someone help please

thanks
Andrew
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Any sync and level issues aside, just add your second wav file to another audio timeline.
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Any sync and level issues aside, just add your second wav file to another audio timeline.

Thanks for the reply

I just tried this but what I had was the music drowning the speech in the section of video where I eventually overlaid it, so I guess I am almost there, just need to work out how to reduce the music level in the background when the speaking clip kicks in

regards and thanks again.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, as I said "sync and level issues aside" smile. Personally I would mix and balance outside PDR.
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, as I said "sync and level issues aside" smile. Personally I would mix and balance outside PDR.

Am I right in thinking that I could possibly export both Audio files to say Wave Director and merge there and send resultant file back to PD ?
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, as I said "sync and level issues aside" smile. Personally I would mix and balance outside PDR.

Am I right in thinking that I could possibly export both Audio files to say Wave Director and merge there and send resultant file back to PD ?

Just found a very quick and easy way to adjust the level of the background music audio clip the following link was the solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRGYle6QEDs

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2018 09:57

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
crude way of audio ducking works!
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I'm embarrassed that some of the tutorials are awkward and rough. Wish we'd had audio ducking earlier. Hopefully I'll be able to suppliment those lessons with better guidelines as I interact with seasoned editors on this forum.

Always learning,
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2018 11:04

Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm embarrassed that some of the tutorials are awkward and rough. Wish we'd had audio ducking earlier. Hopefully I'll be able to suppliment those lessons with better guidelines as I interact with seasoned editors on this forum.

Always learning,
Jim

Jim

Your videos are invalluable to newcomers to the software - thank you for all your help
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
JimIowa – I see your tutorials are a great help to others. You sure spend a lot of time and thoughts into creating them. 4 years ago in PD12 I had to do exactly this hundreds of time in a video when a high school teacher talked so low and far away from the school PA system podium mike. I raised the volume when he spoke and lowered the volume when he paused. The others spoke clearly and close enough to the mike to make their speech come through loud and clear so no adjustments were needed for them.

The tools are there. It's up to each editor to use them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2018 12:15

JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
I work in an environment where volunteers are sometimes asked to speak. They take the microphone they are given and often hold it 12-20 inches away from their face. It drives the sound team crazy and is a nightmare for editing, as you have experienced.

Regards,

--Jim