Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing Files
Joher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2018 03:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Power DVD ues the phrase "importing files" when it comes to the videos, music, etc that I have on my hard drive. When importing music, for eample, is it literally making a copy of each mp3, and then placing it into a PowerDVD folder? I ask because this will take up twice the disk drive space that I already have alloted for my music files. This is a space consideration. On the other hand, it would be nice to have everything organized within POWER DVD. And where do I go to delete files that have been accidentally imported?

Another question. I noticed that when doing a search in the community forum, it seems to show every response to the initial question. How do I block those out so that I don't get so many search results that simply refer back to the first query? It makes the results more confusing and laborous to weed through, as opposed to just going to the original string and reading through.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2018 21:14

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Joher,

PowerDVD doesn't actually import or make a copy of the files. It is just data that it keeps track of, i.e. where your media files are. So it doesn't create extra space for each file.

The search on here is kinda limiting. I don't think you can filter like you want to.

Dave
Joher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2018 03:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Joher,

PowerDVD doesn't actually import or make a copy of the files. It is just data that it keeps track of, i.e. where your media files are. So it doesn't create extra space for each file.

The search on here is kinda limiting. I don't think you can filter like you want to.

Dave

Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Other than clicking on the link in the email that said I had a response, where do I go in my forum page to see replies I have received? A link that takes me to my original post and answer. Kind of a "My Posts" or "My Questions" section? Didn't find anything...