Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Cloud Download Error
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
I have been working on a project for some time now and everything has been going fine--that is until today. At the end of a session, I normally will pack my project and upload it to Cyberlink Cloud as my back up from my desktop computer. Once it is uploaded, I then download the project to my laptop so that I can work on it while I'm away from my desktop.

Today, when I tried to download the project to my laptop, I received an error that the file could not be downloaded. Thinking it was a glitch, I rebooted both computers and tried it a number of times to no avail. I have attached a screen capture of the error. Has anyone else experienced this before? I dare not attempt to download this from the CL Cloud to my desktop and end up corrupting my master file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tee
[Thumb - Cyberlink Cloud Download Error.png]
 Filename
Cyberlink Cloud Download Error.png
[Disk]
 Description
Cyberlink Cloud Download Error
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
TeeMan
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tee -

I've never had the same issue... not that I use CL Cloud with the same regularity you do.

Were you trying to download the packed project from within PDR? I guess so because of the error message.

Are you able to download it to your laptop directly from your CL Cloud account? If so, that's a way around it. Downloading it to your desktop would be a bit futile, since it's already there! Anyway, it wouldn't corrupt your project. It's downloaded as a .dlp project. When it's run it will simply create another copy of the same project.

Just tested both methods without any negative consequences.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Tee -

I've never had the same issue... not that I use CL Cloud with the same regularity you do.

Were you trying to download the packed project from within PDR? I guess so because of the error message.

Are you able to download it to your laptop directly from your CL Cloud account? If so, that's a way around it. Downloading it to your desktop would be a bit futile, since it's already there! Anyway, it wouldn't corrupt your project. It's downloaded as a .dlp project. When it's run it will simply create another copy of the same project.

Just tested both methods without any negative consequences.

Cheers - Tony

Tony:

I was not trying to download the packed project from within PowerDirector. I had successfully uploaded it to CL Cloud hundreds of times from my desktop. Once the upload is completed, I go to my laptop, open PDR and then download the project/file to my laptop. The error that I'm getting just started occurring a few days ago.

When I get back to my desktop in a few days, I am going to go in and delete the file in CL Cloud and on my laptop. I'll then upload the file from my desktop and see if that fixes the problem.

I will also try your proposed solution of downloading the file as a .dlp project.

Thanks for your wisdom Obie Won!

TeeMan TeeMan
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
PROBLEM SOLVED:

It appears that either the file that I had previously downloaded to my laptop or the CL Cloud file had become corrupted. My remedy was as follows:

1. I deleted both the CL Cloud file and the file on my laptop. I now had to virgin folders that I need to upload to.

2. I uploaded the master version of the project from my desktop PDR to CL Cloud. I will note that, this was not the problem as I could always complete the upload to CL Cloud.

3. I then downloaded the CL Cloud file to PDR on my laptop. Everything is as it should be.

It took all of about 1.5 hours to complete the above-mentioned steps but IT WORKED!

Tee-Mancool TeeMan