Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 16 edited video
Supermannn5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2018 14:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I am trying to figure out if their is a way to save edited video to a tag or folder within PD instead of having to save it to a whole project? I want to be able to edit footage and save that work for potential other projects and not have to re-edit the footage I already did. So basically trying to edit clips, trim video and save it somewhere that will save it as I have edited it to be. Any help or ideas would be great.
[Post New]
Quote Hello all,

I am trying to figure out if their is a way to save edited video to a tag or folder within PD instead of having to save it to a whole project? I want to be able to edit footage and save that work for potential other projects and not have to re-edit the footage I already did. So basically trying to edit clips, trim video and save it somewhere that will save it as I have edited it to be. Any help or ideas would be great.

I'm not sure if I understand
To save video for future use, I usually save in MP4 fullhd in a folder (working videos)
To save only part of a video project, in the timeline, select the part with the yellow arrow, go to the Produce Range button and save to video.

You can use the same process to save part of a project.
Select the part with the yellow arrow, Copy button
File, New project, In empty timeline, Paste button, new project

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 05. 2018 18:22

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all,

I'm not sure if I understand
To save video for future use, I usually save in MP4 fullhd in a folder (working videos)
To save only part of a video project, in the timeline, select the part with the yellow arrow, go to the Produce button and save to video.

You can use the same process to save part of a project.
Select the part with the yellow arrow, Copy button
File, New project, In empty timeline, Paste button, new project

Hi

I think Playsound is suggesting what you require when he mentions producing part of a video.

To do this, first create a folder for the clips to be produced to.

Now when you have clips ready for storage on the timeline, look at the top of the scrubber and you will see yellows squares each side. click on the yellow square and drag it completely over the area you want to save.

Above the timeline you will see PRODUCE RANGE click on it and the "produce page" will open. Set the format etc. you require. Under the preview window select the folder you made earlier to save it to. Select start and the file will be created and saved where you requested, and a copy will automatically be placed in the Media Library.

I hope this will help you
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
You can save multiple projects from the same clips.
Save the Projects anywhere you want to. Just leave the original files where they are. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro