Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No audio on VOB file in timeline - help?
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2008 22:53 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to convert some VOB files pulled from a DVD. When I play the file from the library window, the sound is fine. As soon as I put it in the timeline, there is no audio. I did try processing it anyway just to see (both as a avi and a mpg) but no joy.

Any suggestions?

ETA: It seems random that this happens - I have several VOB files from the same DVD and on two the sound is fine, but the third, not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 23. 2009 17:15

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
This seems strange. Try recapturing the bad VOB files and try again. You said that this is random problem. Could something unexpected happened during the capture? Also, make sure the audio isn't accidentally muted in the timeline. I doubt that is the problem since it happened more than once, but its an easy thing to check.

good luck Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply. I did try re-capturing the video (also tried ripping it directly from the dvd and then importing it), and I tried it on two different machines). When I say it's random, I mean all the other VOB files from the same dvd work, just not one in particular. And out of about 20 dvds, this happened with maybe 3-4 files.

PS - I did check the mute

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2009 23:09

Cindy5230 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still hoping for an answer for this.

It doesn't make sense to me that I can hear the audio when I play the clip from the library (which tells me the audio is there) but not from the timeline.