Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I use Reaper to edit the audio?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Can I use Reaper where it says "edit audio"? It defaults to Wave Editer. I prefer to use Reaper as my external audio editer. Also I tried selecting the audio track (it's ungrouped from the video track) and pressed control-C. Instead it only captures the original mp4 file and not even the shortened one in the timeline. I had trimmed a bit off in the timeline. Is there a better way to accomplish this? Thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 04. 2018 22:34

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
You cannot set other programs than the cyberlink products as external programs.
If you edit the audio, either WaveEditor or AudioDirector starts. I see no way to make Reaper work.
Unfortunately, you will have to mix your audio outside the video editing process.
I know DaVincy Resolve, Pinnacle Studio and HitFilm. As far as I know, none of them allows to set Reaper as an audio editor.

Hatti

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2018 23:54

Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You cannot set other programs than the cyberlink products as external programs.
If you edit the audio, either WaveEditor or AudioDirector starts. I see no way to make Reaper work.
Unfortunately, you will have to mix your audio outside the video editing process.
I know DaVincy Resolve, Pinnacle Studio and HitFilm. As far as I know, none of them allows to set Reaper as an audio editor.

Hatti

Too bad. I think I could do that with Sony Vegas. Unfortunately their multicam function had problems. Maybe the 2nd part of the question should be a separate topic. I found it impossible to copy an audio track in the timeline. Thanks for the reply.
[Post New]
You can copy or save an audio in the timeline, only the selected part.
If it is an audio of the video the process is more time consuming process 1º to extract the audio of all the video.
In the timeline use the yellow arrow to select the part to be saved.
Button, Produce Range. Audio file, choose quality.
I prefer PCM WAV AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate