Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capturing Digital Video
Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Currently experimenting with a friend's Sony High Def DV camcorder as a capture device and although PD5 recognises the device in both DV & High Def modes, the captured footage is jerky and sound quality poor. If I use Windows Moviemaker, the captured footage and sound is acceptable in both formats so capturing with the computer setup is ok, but PD5 doesn't appear to be capable of utilising the footage firsthand, but can use the imported capture from WinMoviemaker. Is this unusual, or is it yet another of PD5's many quirks? Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Currently experimenting with a friend's Sony High Def DV camcorder as a capture device and although PD5 recognises the device in both DV & High Def modes, the captured footage is jerky and sound quality poor. If I use Windows Moviemaker, the captured footage and sound is acceptable in both formats so capturing with the computer setup is ok, but PD5 doesn't appear to be capable of utilising the footage firsthand, but can use the imported capture from WinMoviemaker. Is this unusual, or is it yet another of PD5's many quirks?

Hi,
Thank you for the posting - very interesting. Can you provide some more data and I'll raise this with CL.
1. List the exact model of Sony camera please
1-1. State the build version of PDr5... look in Help/About
2. List all your actions - basically say what format you've captured to and how you achieved this etc etc. Every little bit of info helps.
3. DxDiag text file - might be worth creating - it gives all your PC's information. Start/Run/ type in DxDiag and click OK then Save the file as a text document. Can be attached to a posting or sent to me.

I'll pass on the information to a senior CL manager. You should NOT be having the effects you've stated.
A few "guesses" as to the reasons why... CPU, Ram, Graphics card, Hard Drive, Codec, Drivers, Format conflict, Fragmented system..... etc etc.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 31. 2006 15:48

Hall47
Member Location: Manchester UK Joined: Dec 14, 2006 05:32 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
Not got the camera on site now, but I will put together a detailed file when I get the chance. Nero also captures the footage perfectly, and the saved files come into PD5 with no issues, so the system that I am using is not a problem. Another friend had similar problems with problems with a small Sony digital, and found that he had to keep recapturing the files multiple times before he got a workable copy. I'm using build 1227 on PD5 deluxe (not paid to upgrade to premium sice it only seems to offer capacity to write to Ipod and PS2 etc which are non starters for me).
Cheers for now - Julian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2007 04:54

Seeking wisdom - finding fluff - but wise fluff!