Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing YouTube accounts for uploads
ARaven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2018 18:59 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I accidentally gave Power Director permission to use a defunct YouTube account. I would really like to switch accounts, but seems to be no clear way to do so.

When I asked for help via Support Ticket, I got this not quite helpful reponse:

"We understand that you want to change the YouTube account that was logged in on your PowerDirector 16 Ultra.

With reference to your query, please be advised that once you authorized the permission to upload on YouTube, it will show again pop up window showing the options to sign out account and log in another account.

Or, you may also open Internet Explorer. Log in your YouTube account, and then start producing your video from your PowerDirector."

I have not seen this pop-up since attching the wrong account.

I also dont know what they mean about opening IE an logging into YouTube etc. I am logged in to the correct account on YouTube. And why IE?

I like PowerDirector, but I've been trying to get this issue resolved for over 2 weeks. And no, I'm not paying an additonal $30 to talk to someone on the phone.

Can anyone help please? Thank you kindly.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know, PD does not allow to change Youtube account.
I produce the file to local harddrive and do an upload to Youtube manually.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ARaven -

Firstly, go to YouTube & completely sign out of any account.

In PDR, when you go to Produce > Online > YouTube & go through the steps, you should be presented with this authorisation screen.

""

As you can see I didn't sign out of YT first.

Select "Use another account" & sign into your non-defunct channel & you should be good to go.

... or do what Hatti suggested & upload the video directly through your (correct) YT account.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ARaven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Hattie,
Thank you for your response!

I might have to go that route...
Would you please tell me what format and quality you use?

I've wanted to avoid doing that because part of the reason I'm using this software is to make it easier and faster to upload to YouTube. Maybe you know way to make it easier than I'm thinking it is?

Quote As far as I know, PD does not allow to change Youtube account.

I produce the file to local harddrive and do an upload to Youtube manually.

Hatti
ARaven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi ynotfish,
Thank you for this really throrough explanation!

The problem seems to be that even when I'm logged out, PDR isn't giving me "steps" anymore. It just keeps going right to uploading to the YouTube its accidentally connected to.

Quote Hi ARaven -

In PDR, when you go to Produce > Online > YouTube & go through the steps, you should be presented with this authorisation screen.

""""

Select "Use another account" & sign into your non-defunct channel & you should be good to go.

... or do what Hatti suggested & upload the video directly through your (correct) YT account.

Cheers - Tony
ARaven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony,

Thank you again,

OK this assumes that the two accounts that I'm using are connected on YouTube. And they are not. They are using two different YouTube/Google+1 that are not connected.

Quote Hi ARaven -

""""

Cheers - Tony
ARaven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update:
I got Powerdirector to recognize that I'd signed out by doing these things (sharing in case this info helps someone else):

Signing out of all accounts on YouTube.

Signing back in to the active YouTube.

Connecting the defunct YouTube with the active one within YouTube by "adding account".

Uploading a new "test" video on PDR (rather than trying to change accounts while trying to upload the same video I'd been trying to upload.) This prompted a new authorization window in PDR that allowed me to connect the active YouTube.

Phew!
All set now!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2018 06:30