Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Watching 3D Blu-rays on VR
Borghello [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2018 13:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I was hoping that PowerDVD 17 will allow me to watch Blu-rays, specially 3D blu-rays with a VR headset like the Oculus Rift., but that doesn't seem to be the case, only downloaded videos.
Is there any plans to implement that?

Thanks!
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I was hoping that PowerDVD 17 will allow me to watch Blu-rays, specially 3D blu-rays with a VR headset like the Oculus Rift., but that doesn't seem to be the case, only downloaded videos.
Is there any plans to implement that?

Thanks!

In addition to the player, as I remembered, Oculus does not have HDCP hardware level support originally.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

As indicated above, it is because the headsets don't have the required copyright protection. In the PowerDVD help it says:

Note: the playback of discs, CyberLink Cloud media, home media (DLNA), ISO files, or disc folders is not available in VR mode.

So unless the copyright protection specs of the VR headsets improve.

Dave

Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I am very curious...

How a video (2D or 3D) looks like in VR headsets? Do you see big video like in the theatre? How it looks like?
palashkale147852 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2018 07:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
https://ipllive2018.com/ipl-live-2018-streaming/