Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing H.265 codec?
Tea9000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2018 23:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Suddenly I can only produce videos in H.264, there's no other options. Anyone know why this is?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
What is preventing you from using other profiles? Is the other options simply not listed, or does the process fail when tried? Can you post a screenshot of your Produce screen? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Tea9000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What is preventing you from using other profiles? Is the other options simply not listed, or does the process fail when tried? Can you post a screenshot of your Produce screen?

I have no idea whats preventing it, I'm not even close to an expert on this program or video editing in general.

https://imgur.com/ntFFzWO
[Thumb - PD screenshot.png]
 Filename
PD screenshot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2018 01:56

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Suddenly I can only produce videos in H.264, there's no other options. Anyone know why this is?

You are in the 9:16 Aspect ratio. Go to the Edit screen and change that asapect ratio to the correct 16:9 and you will have all those other formats available including HEVC.
Tea9000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Suddenly I can only produce videos in H.264, there's no other options. Anyone know why this is?

You are in the 9:16 Aspect ratio. Go to the Edit screen and change that asapect ratio to the correct 16:9 and you will have all those other formats available including HEVC.

Ah you're right! thanks so much!