Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Done with PD16 -- Constantly freezes -- No Longer Loads My Video
nickd67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2017 14:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This is more of an annoyance and a complaint against Cyberlink. PD16 keeps crashing on a complex video of mine this past week. Now, the file will not load past 6%. Every time when I try to load my video, it starts loading, but not past 6% and it crashes PD16. I tried loading smaller, less complex videos, it loads just fine without issue. The video I've been working on will not allow me to even open the video up so I can take whatever that's causing the issue out.... again, will no longer load and crashes the software. I'm all done with PD16.

Moving on to another video-editing program. This is not the software for complex videos. Basically, Cyberlink PD16 is pretty wrapping paper on a crappy present. Or as Steve Jobs once told someone, you built a beautiful cake, but your icing is made of sh*t. That's my opinion and wished that it wasn't.

Rant box put away.
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is more of an annoyance and a complaint against Cyberlink. PD16 keeps crashing on a complex video of mine this past week. Now, the file will not load past 6%. Every time when I try to load my video, it starts loading, but not past 6% and it crashes PD16. I tried loading smaller, less complex videos, it loads just fine without issue. The video I've been working on will not allow me to even open the video up so I can take whatever that's causing the issue out.... again, will no longer load and crashes the software. I'm all done with PD16.

Moving on to another video-editing program. This is not the software for complex videos. Basically, Cyberlink PD16 is pretty wrapping paper on a crappy present. Or as Steve Jobs once told someone, you built a beautiful cake, but your icing is made of sh*t. That's my opinion and wished that it wasn't.

Rant box put away.

Hello,

We understand your frustrations here and we try to help as volunteers (no official support).

Where did you get your software? What software is it exactly?

What computer do you use?

Alain II
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
What I heard that is a very professional program and takes almost all footage of any kind, is Grass Valley Edius. I think, the current version is 9. Nice program, indeed. So have a try, but after the trial, it is ~600€. Thats a lot of money, but if its worth it...

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

We all understand the frustration that happens when things don't work as expected. However, there have been many examples of complex projects produced without issue - but it depends on what is meant by complex!

I'm unsure whether the problem you have is related to a complex project (since it is not defined) or whether to a particular circumstance or clip in the project being a culprit.

When this sort of thing happens, many folk find an uninstall and reinstall can help, particularly if some other system changes have occurred - like Win 10 updates, driver updates etc.

If not, then perhaps going back to a previous version of the project might also help to narrow the issue down. You may have done your own sequential saves of the project or, if not, then there may be some in the autosave location set in preferences. It is worth trying to narrow the issue down if possible.

As regards "This is not the software for complex videos. Basically, Cyberlink PD16 is pretty wrapping paper on a crappy present." we all all entitled to express an opinion, but without some sort of quantification or validation, it remains just an opinion.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do