Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't share to Facebook
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
I have been trying to upload some photos to Facebook, but when I click on the share button nothing happens.

This is true whether it's 1 picture or several.

I know that I can export and then upload, but it's nice to have a dedicated button.

I'm using Photodirector 9 Ultra
[Post New]
Hello Philwild,

It's not a universal issue. I just uploaded to FaceBook successfully through PhD9.

Have you tried completely signing out of FaceBook (in your browser) before attempting the PhD upload?

The steps should be:

1. Select photo

2. Share > Facebook

3. Select FB account - sign in (this authorises CL to access your FB account)

4. Fill in album & description details

5. Click Upload

6. Progress bar in top right corner shows uploading

7. Arrow icon on thumbnail indicates success

Are you saying you're not getting beyong step 2?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
I'll try what you suggest.

I can't even get step 2 to happen, click on share to Facebook and nothing happens.

Phil

Quote Hello Philwild,

It's not a universal issue. I just uploaded to FaceBook successfully through PhD9.

Have you tried completely signing out of FaceBook (in your browser) before attempting the PhD upload?

The steps should be:

1. Select photo

2. Share > Facebook

5. Click Upload

PIX
Philwild [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well no change.

Still nothing happens when I click on the Facebook icon.

I therefore, exported my photos and used Facebook's upload.

Regards

Phil
Jack H. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2016 19:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Philwild,

The steps should be:

1. Select photo

2. Share > Facebook

5. Click Upload

PIX

Same Damn issue about Facebook. The same thing also happened with PD 7, PD 8, and now PD 9. getting tired of this crap. no more upgrades until this is fixed. after 4 years of buying this software i will be considering Photoshop. This is terrible. any help with this issue will be well received. Windows 9, with VPN Nord and norton security installed.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try to export from PhD and then upload to facebook the "old fashioned way"? I don't have facebook, so I don't know, if sharing is the only way to get pictures to facebook.
Don't forget, that here are just volunteers from the community. We are not Cyberlink. So the threat not to use PhD any longer does not care anybody. So if you want, use Photoshop. But be warned: Photoshop does not have a "share to facebook" button either. And it is a completely different program. There are maybe cheaper solutions. Have a look at Affinity Photo. It is similar to Photoshop for under 100 Euros. If you want a program similar to PhD, have a look at Lightroom. It is mainly for developing RAW pictures, but is can also handle other formats. PhD and Lightroom are similar, but PhD has some more features like layers, which Lightroom does not have.
Good luck

Hatti

P.S. No kidding, but have you tried without Norton Security? I don't know Norton 2018, but former Norton was known as a "trouble maker"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2018 15:02

Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Hello Jack H.,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Obviously, this issue comes up from time to time. Unfortunately, I'm unable to replicate it here following the steps outlined above.

Please check that you've installed the most recent 2504 patch update (I know that sounds a bit thin if you've experienced the same issue over a number of versions).

Have you tried signing out of Facebook completely, prior to upload?

Could you please describe exactly what happens at each step? At which steps does it fail?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting, I do post photos onto FB but I've never even considered using PD 5/6/7/8/9 to post, just so used to doing it the old fashioned way. cool
Must give it a try some dayinnocent

Cheers

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2018 02:58

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote Interesting, I do post photos onto FB but I've never even considered using PD 5/6/7/8/9 to post, just so used to doing it the old fashioned way. cool
Must give it a try some dayinnocent

Cheers

Dave

Wow, just tried it and it works brilliantly. A lot faster than the old fashioned way too surprised

I don't know what I did that is different from the other posters who couldn't manage to post to FB.
I do have several accounts on FB, so far I've only posted onto my main FB a/c.
What I owuld suggest is that you check your FB settings as these would be the main areas for stopping any postings from a 3rd party.
FB and most Social media platforms are undergoing a stringent security upgrades ( about time too ) I'm not familiar with all social media aspects BUT If you have all your settings on PRIVATE and not public ,then that may impead your uploading capabilities. There could be a video on how to do this with Cyberlink.

Happy posting guys

Dave cool I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]

• Face Book settings

• Apps & Websites..... Data access allowedThese are active apps and websites. This means that you recently logged in to them using Facebook, and they can request information you've chosen to share with them. Learn moreUse this list to:View and update the information they can requestRemove the apps and websites you no longer want.

Check these settings I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.