Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there another way to adjust volume besides grabbing with mouse within timeline?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
In the timeline I want to increase the volume. In other words, I don't want to send it to an external editor. I click and hold the horizontal line and see the volume level change but as soon as I let go of the mouse button the volume jumps. Is there another (simple) way to just enter in the volume I want. For example now its 1.3 and I want it to be 1.9 but its hit or miss using the mouse. Thanks
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Edit clip keyframe. Its above the timeline when you click on the little page icon. You can do all one level or vary using keyframes ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Edit clip keyframe. Its above the timeline when you click on the little page icon. You can do all one level or vary using keyframes

This looks like progress. When you say "You can do all one level" I haven't figured that out. Like on the wave form there is a little dot at the biginning and end and if I move one the other one doesn't move, so it's more like fading rather than the overall volume. If I'm in the middle of the wave form it puts a dot there too. Thanks
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Edit clip keyframe. Its above the timeline when you click on the little page icon. You can do all one level or vary using keyframes

This looks like progress. When you say "You can do all one level" I haven't figured that out. Like on the wave form there is a little dot at the biginning and end and if I move one the other one doesn't move, so it's more like fading rather than the overall volume. If I'm in the middle of the wave form it puts a dot there too. Thanks

Meaning if you go to volume adjustment from this method you can set the volume to the same level across the entire clip. Or you can vary the volume however you wish by using keyframes. I prefer doing it this way instead of using the dots on the audio wave. They are too small for my liking. You are marking keyframes either way but doing it as described gives you much more precision.

Take a look at this thread. For a simple answer look at what Barry the Crab suggested. That is what I am describing.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52193.page

And yes....I agree that volume control, whether it be on the timeline or even in Audio Director can be improved on greatly. Using little dots in the way that they behave is bizzar indeed.

I hope this helps ____________________________________

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
There were some major changes in audio between Power Director 15 and 16.

Audio ducking was introduced but one of the changes that occured is how to move those little "dots' One must hold down the CTRL key. More information on a pop up when you hold down the key and grab a dot. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There were some major changes in audio between Power Director 15 and 16.

Audio ducking was introduced but one of the changes that occured is how to move those little "dots' One must hold down the CTRL key. More information on a pop up when you hold down the key and grab a dot.

Am I missing something here? What's the matter with the audio mixing room? Horizontal bar for Audio gain on the whole clip and project. Vertical bar for volume fine tuning. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Peter Podder
[Post New]
Nothing wrong. My suggestions were to continue along the method of keyframing which I believe the " dots " were supposed to accomplish. As a beginner getting a feel for keyframing helped me immensely. The sooner the better. ____________________________________

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Nothing wrong. My suggestions were to continue along the method of keyframing which I believe the " dots " were supposed to accomplish. As a beginner getting a feel for keyframing helped me immensely. The sooner the better.

Hi GC

I wasn't suggesting that there was anything wrong with your suggestion. I was just suggesting what I thought would be the simplest method.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2018 11:29

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Peter Podder
[Post New]
Agreed.... ____________________________________

FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the comments. Having a master volume slider on the left side of each audio track is much better. Also good to have an effects button there. The fewer steps one has to take to do basic tasks is helpful, especially if you only occasionally use the program. I had an audio track with many split sections in it and didn't want to have to go to each section to adjust the volumes in case I didn't get them all the same. So I just ended up rendering the whole thing and then going back and working on the audio track. It would have saved time with a track volume control, a pretty standard feature in other editing programs.
[Thumb - pd16 missing controls.jpg]
 Filename
pd16 missing controls.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
14 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 06. 2018 13:41