Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Exporting and EDL
Jonimus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2015 03:23 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Does anybody know if there's an easy way to do this? I'm trying to export an EDL of completed projects in the manner that Adobe does it that it will create a list in chronological order that shows all the video files that were used in the project in an excel file or any type or word document.

Regards,

Jon
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Does anybody know if there's an easy way to do this? I'm trying to export an EDL of completed projects in the manner that Adobe does it that it will create a list in chronological order that shows all the video files that were used in the project in an excel file or any type or word document.

Regards,

Jon
The Powerdirector .pds file is a list of all of the editing commands in XML format. (Text format)

It includes the list of the media on the timeline in editing order.

Maybe you can use that.

If you add .xml to the end of a copy of the .pds file you can see all of the commands in most browsers. (rename name.pds to name.pds.xml)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 04. 2018 11:10

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jon -

Obviously, PDR isn't able to generate such a thing (aprt from the .pds project file Carl mentioned). If you just need lists of media assets used in a project, there are ways to do that outside PDR. I've used this to make lists of CD tracks or video titles on discs to save retyping every title name.

The first thing to do is pack your project materials, which creates a single folder containing all your media & the .pds file.

There are two apps I've used to generate the lists of files in the project folder. JR Directory Printer is very basic (and free) and just creates a .txt file. A more flexible option is Directory List & Print - it can be used free but the Pro version is $20. It has way more options, including level of detail & output format.

I've attached an example of each. Had to zip because forum wouldn't allow spreadsheet attachment.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Project Contents.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
203 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jonimus [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Does anybody know if there's an easy way to do this? I'm trying to export an EDL of completed projects in the manner that Adobe does it that it will create a list in chronological order that shows all the video files that were used in the project in an excel file or any type or word document.

Regards,

Jon
The Powerdirector .pds file is a list of all of the editing commands in XML format. (Text format)

It includes the list of the media on the timeline in editing order.

Maybe you can use that.

If you add .xml to the end of a copy of the .pds file you can see all of the commands in most browsers. (rename name.pds to name.pds.xml)

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response. I gave this a go and unfortunately I think this includes a much more extensive list of items so filtering out what I don't need would be much more extensive of a process than just making the list myself manually. I appreciate the suggestion!

Thank you
Jonimus [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jon -

Obviously, PDR isn't able to generate such a thing (aprt from the .pds project file Carl mentioned). If you just need lists of media assets used in a project, there are ways to do that outside PDR. I've used this to make lists of CD tracks or video titles on discs to save retyping every title name.

The first thing to do is pack your project materials, which creates a single folder containing all your media & the .pds file.

There are two apps I've used to generate the lists of files in the project folder. JR Directory Printer is very basic (and free) and just creates a .txt file. A more flexible option is Directory List & Print - it can be used free but the Pro version is $20. It has way more options, including level of detail & output format.

I've attached an example of each. Had to zip because forum wouldn't allow spreadsheet attachment.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks, ynotfish.

Unfortunately what I was needing is something that just pumps out the actual order that's listed in the timeline, and not just the list itself which it looks like both of these do. It's not that manually intensive of a process so I'll probably just do it that way. I had heard Adobe editor had a function like that so figured it was worth checking, but it's not a big deal if PD doesn't have it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

Jon