Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Voice over recording hotkeys don't work
mightynifty [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2016 21:57 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I've ntoiced that when recording audio from any microphone in PD15 that if I try to reocrd a voice over, I use the hotkey to start/stop the recording. Unfortunately, while the recording starts just fine, it has issues when stopping as the hot key no longer works and it just continues the recording.

This means I have to use the mouse to stop the recording, which wouldn't normally be an issue, but my mic usually picks the mouse click up. Meaning when recording a voice over, I have to finish my line, wait a bit, stop the recording, and then edit the last bit out. Is there a way to fix the hot key error? I've tried different mics, changing the hotkeys, and nothing seems to work.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've ntoiced that when recording audio from any microphone in PD15 that if I try to reocrd a voice over, I use the hotkey to start/stop the recording. Unfortunately, while the recording starts just fine, it has issues when stopping as the hot key no longer works and it just continues the recording.

This means I have to use the mouse to stop the recording, which wouldn't normally be an issue, but my mic usually picks the mouse click up. Meaning when recording a voice over, I have to finish my line, wait a bit, stop the recording, and then edit the last bit out. Is there a way to fix the hot key error? I've tried different mics, changing the hotkeys, and nothing seems to work.
My thought is does your mouse make a audible click sound when you press the left button,

I mean even if your computer is turned off, and you press the left button on the Mouse, does it make a click sound?

If that is the case get a mouse that does not click when you press the buttons. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

mightynifty [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I've ntoiced that when recording audio from any microphone in PD15 that if I try to reocrd a voice over, I use the hotkey to start/stop the recording. Unfortunately, while the recording starts just fine, it has issues when stopping as the hot key no longer works and it just continues the recording.

My thought is does your mouse make a audible click sound when you press the left button,

I mean even if your computer is turned off, and you press the left button on the Mouse, does it make a click sound?

If that is the case get a mouse that does not click when you press the buttons.

My mouse does make noise, but the point is that the program is broken. This post was either to see if there was a work around or, if not, to make the developers aware of the glitch. The hotkey should start the recording when pressed and stop it when pressed again. It does not work with the second press. As someone who paid for the software I was hoping to get this fixed, especially since there are probably other customers frustrated by this as well. Free QA basically.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

My mouse does make noise, but the point is that the program is broken. This post was either to see if there was a work around or, if not, to make the developers aware of the glitch. The hotkey should start the recording when pressed and stop it when pressed again. It does not work with the second press. As someone who paid for the software I was hoping to get this fixed, especially since there are probably other customers frustrated by this as well. Free QA basically.
That is why the microphone is picking up the mouse sound.

Personally, I would never use a mouse that makes noise while using.

I did a search in PD15 Help for "hot keys".

I looked up the hot keys for PD15 capture module,

Alt + R =Start/Pause recording

There is not a stop recording hot key in the default hotkey set.

However you should be able to customize a hot key for Stop recording.

Look in PD 15 help for "Customizing Keyboard Hotkeys".

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

mightynifty [Avatar]
[Post New]

I did that. That's the issue. I have the option set to start and stop recording when the '=' key is pressed, but it only starts and doesn't stop.
[Thumb - customize.PNG]
 Filename
customize.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Carl312
[Post New]

I did that. That's the issue. I have the option set to start and stop recording when the '=' key is pressed, but it only starts and doesn't stop.
In your screen shot, Stop is the "\" (back slash) key. "=" is Start or Pause (not stop). It is a toggle, press once for Start, press again, for Pause. Pause is not a stop recording. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

mightynifty [Avatar]
[Post New]

In your screen shot, Stop is the "\" (back slash) key. "=" is Start or Pause (not stop). It is a toggle, press once for Start, press again, for Pause. Pause is not a stop recording.

Neither that key nor spacebar stopped it either. Nothing on my keyboard stops the recording once it's started.
Carl312
[Post New]
In Powerdirector 15:
I did some experiments. What I found is the Hot keys are for the Capture Module, they do not apply to the Voice over room.

The default hot key in the Capture Module is Alt+R for Start recoding, after recoding is running, Stop is also Alt+R.
They do work on my system.

Capture Module is the Capture Tab on top of the PD user interface.

There are no Hot Keys for the Voice Over room. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.