Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WaveEditor 2 Problem Saving MP3
niktoman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2009 11:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
First off, I cannot even find WaveEditor 2 as a selectable product for support on Cyberlink's support site. What's up with that? So I chose this product to post my problem about WaveEditor 2.

I installed WaveEditor 2 on my clean Win10 build back in the summer of 2016. I have been successfully using it to adjust the volume of MP3 files ever since. It has always worked. Suddenly, it will no longer save MP3 files. The Save Track function shows a progress bar that goes about half way, then the bar disapears. There is no error or any indication of a problem. Except the file simply is not there. I've tried it several times on different MP3 files, same problem. If I save an edited MP3 file to WAV, that works. The version of WaveEditor I have is specifically 2.0.0.5620.

The only things that have changed recently on this PC are (1) I had to upgrade PowerDVD 15 Ultra to build 15.0.4630.62 recently because of a fairly new Blu-Ray disc I tried to watch. This was because the freakin' video industry can't stop putting updated security bombs in their discs for PC users. When is this ever going to end? I'd love to see a lawsuit about this and I'd help fund it. This is not Cyberlink's fault, in fact Cyberlink provided the necessary update to resolve this. (2) Microsoft updated my Win10 to 10.0.16299 just within the last week or so. Oh I do love how Microsoft has made their incesant updating nearly impossible to stop. Stopping the Service doesn't work because they will just start it back up behind your back. Metered connections only seem to apply with WiFi. Assimilate or die!! Sorry, I digress.

So what about this MP3 bug?
[Post New]
Hello niktoman,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing There is no separate WaveEditor forum, as it is provided with PDR. Future question about WE could be posted there.

As far as I'm aware, WE has never been able to save MP3 files. Like PDR, it can save in .wav, .m4a or .wma format. Here, WE does that without any issues.

AudioDirector can produce to those same formats, plus .mp3, .flac & .ape

PIX PIX YouTube channel