Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jerky video. Not shaky, but jerky.
[Post New]
I have several questions and/or problems about a video that I am producing. Hopefully some of the experienced users here can offer some advice.

This is the link to a ZIP file that has both the PDS file and the *.MP4 source file used in the PDS.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VhSgKmcPlKTCxUf_Y8_dqqZQ_nd81NF6/view?usp=sharing

1. On my system (a 16 Gig Surface Book 4) this setup often hangs during display when I Preview the edited video. It also hangs, or stutters, for other video setups, but nearly always for this setup. The audio will play, but the video intermittently hangs. This occurs even after I have rebooted, with no other apps running.

2. This particular video is jerky on display. It is jerky, not shaky. Is there way to smooth out the display after it's rendered ?

3. This is a nice source video, but I believe it would be even better if it had more Pop, more color, a bit of drama, without looking surreal. What is the best way to achieve that ? I do know how to adjust the Enhancement tools.

4. I have several photo apps that will add "depth" to a photo. The result is both stunning and natural. Can PD16 do that, or other video apps ?

Thanks for any advice,

Clark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2018 23:46

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...
1. On my system (a 16 Gig Surface Book 4) ...

this means nothing to us. please attach your dxdiag.txt of your baby.

reason it's jerky is because the frame rate is an odd ball at 21 fps! also the resolution is 1620x1080; moreover, panned the camcorder too quick.it takes me about 2minutes or longer for 180 degree pan.
one must slow down a lot especially if you're using so called film looksy at 24 fps. less jerky rendered at 30(29.9997) fps...

oh, happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2018 00:51

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like that you did a screen capture of a facebook video. There are ways to get the original video from facebook like using the 4k video downloader for example.

The panning part of the video is not jerky at all on my pc when I unchecked the enhanced stabilizer used. It is only in the preview. Produce the video and it will not play as jerky as in the preview at the 21 fps captured. Better still, get the original one to use.
[Post New]
Quote ...
1. On my system (a 16 Gig Surface Book 4) ...

this means nothing to us. please attach your dxdiag.txt of your baby.

reason it's jerky is because the frame rate is an odd ball at 21 fps! also the resolution is 1620x1080; moreover, panned the camcorder too quick.it takes me about 2minutes or longer for 180 degree pan.
one must slow down a lot especially if you're using so called film looksy at 24 fps. less jerky rendered at 30(29.9997) fps...

oh, happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I produced all videos with 30fps and DVD 720X480 (60i),all of them were jerky.When I changed to 60fps,they were better.I could'n
use PD 16,uninstall it and re-install PD15.I'M waiting a update to fix it.
[Post New]
I thank all of you for your very insightful comments.

Yes, this original video was a screen capture. Initial reason for the jerkiness, I guess.

But I was expecting that PD16 would smooth out that jerkiness by interpolation.

I will try 60 fps to see what happens.

Thanks again.

Clark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2018 16:37