Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ASUS EAH2600PRO (ATI) PowerDVD9 Ultra
mlrandall222 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2009 10:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've seen multiple posts on the problems with PowerDVD9 Ultra. I've also seen several posts where people are able to play some Blu-Ray DVD's in Version 9 ultra.

I am only able to play HDMoods Aquarium. All other Blu-Rays play fine to the title menu. When I select movie, it plays fine until the movie starts. Plays the movie for about 2 to 5 seconds and then 'freezes'.

HD Moods Aquarium does not have a title menu and plays fine. Regular DVD's play fine. Blu-Rays only play in PowerDVD Ultra Ver 7.3 (I have both Version 7.3 Ultra and Version 9 Ultra installed on the same PC - Version 9 Ultra is the 'upgrade' version).

I have all patches installed (up through version 1531). My Blu-Ray drive is a LG GGC-H20L running on Windows XP Home - 32 bit. Graphics card is a ASUS EAH2600PRO with the latest ATI drivers installed.

Any suggestions or is Version 9 ultra (with the 2 patches) just really bad software? Thanks for your help.
[Post New]
Have you tried switching from normal mode to cinema mode? I had a problem with Batman Begins playing in normal mode. So I switched to cinema mode and it played fine. Switching back to normal mode wouldn't play again. I had to switch back and forth a couple times before it played it in normal mode.

I also had cleared my BD storage location, which I can't be sure actually contributed.

Anyhow, it may be worth trying.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2009 10:43

mobo: ASUS P5-QLE
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
video: Sapphire HD 7750 PCIe 1GB DDR5