Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to stop Cyberlink notifications on YouTube?
[Post New]
I recently started getting popup notifications on YouTube when I log into the site. I do not want this. I do not remember authorizing Cyberlink to do this and I can't seem to find a setting in my account to turn this feature off. Anybody have a solution for this? :/
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I recently started getting popup notifications on YouTube when I log into the site. I do not want this. I do not remember authorizing Cyberlink to do this and I can't seem to find a setting in my account to turn this feature off. Anybody have a solution for this? :/

Is ths what your talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwG3iqTNPu4
[Post New]
Quote Is ths what your talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwG3iqTNPu4

I'm sorry, but that's not it. I'm referring to popup desktop notifications when I log into YouTube. (I have it configured that way instead of receiving email notifications.) It's just like any other notification I get for channels which I have clicked the little "bell" icon (seen directly under a video) to get immediate notifications of new uploaded videos. It also appears in the list of notifications you get when you click on the little notification bell icon in the upper righthand corner of a page at YouTube. It's just one more alert that I don't really care to have. I don't remember authorizing such notifications or where to even look to disable them. :/ At any rate, thank you very much for taking the time to response. Take care!

Note: I tried to find an example to take a screenshot of, but YouTube's abysmal notification system makes it very hard to find things from more than a day ago. :/ I'll try to remember to take a screenshot the next time one appears!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2018 14:01

[Post New]
I did go into my Google Chrome web browser settings (I should have mentioned that I am using Chrome! ) and deleted some Cyberlink "Service Worker" cookies. We'll see if it shows up again!
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I did go into my Google Chrome web browser settings (I should have mentioned that I am using Chrome! ) and deleted some Cyberlink "Service Worker" cookies. We'll see if it shows up again!

Give this a read
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3382248?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
[Post New]

Yes, I did go through the settings on my YT account. However, I am not subscribed to or have notifications enabled for Cyberlink's YT channel. :/ At any rate, I really do appreciate you looking into this. We'll see if they show up again after I deleted those specific browser cookies. I'll try to remember to come back in a month or so to provide an update! Take care!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2018 21:31

[Post New]
Here is an example of the YouTube notifications I get from YouTube. (See attachment for cropped screenshot that I saved 2 weeks ago on Wednesday 01/24/1 Strangely enough, these pop ups are not listed in my recent notifications when I click on the notification "bell" icon in the upper-righthand corner of the page at YouTube's site.

Anyway, this is all I've got. I did delete a couple more cookies in my Chrome web browser when this particular pop up occured. Sadly, I didn't take a screenshot of which ones! :/ I was pretty sure that they were the culprit because I haven't had any more pop ups for CyberLink recently. I recall being very confident about deleting the cookies I did, but again for the life of me I can't remember why. :/ Note to self: always take notes!

Anyway, to anybody else that stumbles upon this thread in the future, your answer likely lies in the cookies!
[Thumb - CyberLink Pop Up 01.png]
 Filename
CyberLink Pop Up 01.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 07. 2018 00:23

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

This is not a CyberLink Channel on YouTube thing, but a setting in Chrome. For this to be enabled, you had to have clicked the "Allow" button when asked if the CyberLink web site can send you notifications.

I get asked all the time on many many web sites, and always do not allow this.

You do not need to go into the registry to change anything. It is in Chrome, and very easy to disable and edit allowed web sites:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3220216?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Maybe try Google before you blame a company for something you or someone using your computer "Allowed"

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2018 00:35

[Post New]
Quote Hello,

This is not a CyberLink Channel on YouTube thing, but a setting in Chrome. For this to be enabled, you had to have clicked the "Allow" button when asked if the CyberLink web site can send you notifications.

I get asked all the time on many many web sites, and always do not allow this.

You do not need to go into the registry to change anything. It is in Chrome, and very easy to disable and edit allowed web sites:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3220216?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Maybe try Google before you blame a company for something you or someone using your computer "Allowed"

Dave

Well, Dave. As I stated previously, I don't recall authorizing CyberLink to send me notifications of this type. Even then, being able to turn off such notifications should be an easy to locate and disable feature. I didn't do any Windows registry modifications, either. I simply tracked down the cookies (via Chrome's settings) that appeared to be the offender and deleted them. So far, they haven't returned.

Again, to be clear, such a "feature" should be something that is easily managed through a user's control panel/profile. So, even if it were purposely or accidentally "allowed", it should be more obvious how to turn it off. I'm aware of the popups on some sites that ask if you can be tracked/notified and almost always decline. That's why it's unusual that I can't seem to recall "allowing" CyberLink to show me pop up notifications through YouTube. I appreciate you running to the defense of CyberLink, but rest assured I am definitely not on some sort of witchhunt. I was simply and politely asking how to turn off the notifications without having to track down the cookies on my own.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
You seemed to have missed my point. It is a Google Chrome thing, and is easily managed in settings. You keep barking up the wrong tree. You had to have authorized it, otherwise they wouldn't show notifications. It is a PBKAC error, not a thing you should be asking CyberLink about. Especially when these notifications are quite common.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2018 20:00