Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 16 missing
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Around October or November last year, I purchased/downloaded PD 16 and also purchased the CD.
PD 15 is also on my computer. It wasn't deleted when I downloaded PD 16. Don't know if that would have any effect on this.
Last week, when I tried to open PD 16, it asked for the key. Because all of my saved emails suddenly disappeared, including the one from Cyberlink with the key, I couldn't activatet it.
I went to my account to see if I could recover it there. Alas, PD 16 is not reflected in My Products, only PD 15. Clicked on My Orders but asked for order number which I don't have because of missing emails.
I sent a request to Tech Support asking why my purchase of PD 16 was not listed. No response. I then sent a request to Customer Support asking the same question. No response.
I tried using the key(s) reflected on the CD but none of them work. So, I'm assuming those keys (there are twelve different groups) are good only with the CD installation.
My question is: should I just uninstall PD 16 from my computer and reinstall using the CD? I'd prefer to use the key for the download version, but I guess Cyberlink is overwhelmed with requests and just not interested.
Ideas welcomed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2018 12:44

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The clues in your message leads one to believe that you never installed PD16 and then forgot to register the product key for PD16 if you did. Although you downloaded PD16 you still need to install it along with the set of files that came along with it. When you tried to open PD16 I think you mean that you tried to open the install file thinking that that is the working PD16 program. Just be patient and Cyberlink support will help you.
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The clues in your message leads one to believe that you never installed PD16 and then forgot to register the product key for PD16 if you did. Although you downloaded PD16 you still need to install it along with the set of files that came along with it. When you tried to open PD16 I think you mean that you tried to open the install file thinking that that is the working PD16 program. Just be patient and Cyberlink support will help you.

No, there is an icon on my desktop and when I click on it, PD 16 opens. When I click on any of the links (Time Line, Storyboard, or Slideshow, that's when it asks for the key.
Also, when I go to Start, All Programs, then Cyberlink PD 16 and file location, all files are there.
Will wait a while longe for some kind of reply from Cyberlink.
Appreciate your response. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, after waiting 5 days for customer service, and 7+ days for tech support, to respond to my requests for assistance on PD 16, I guess it's time to uninstall the PD 16 that's already on my computer and use the disc I purchased also.
Sure would like to know why my upgrade is missing from my account. Guess that will remain the $64,000 question.
For those that might think I didn't download PD 16, the atch shows a partial listing of what's installed on my computer and when.
Thanks all.
[Thumb - pdr.PNG]
 Filename
pdr.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Jack
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Well, after waiting 5 days for customer service, and 7+ days for tech support, to respond to my requests for assistance on PD 16, I guess it's time to uninstall the PD 16 that's already on my computer and use the disc I purchased also.
Sure would like to know why my upgrade is missing from my account. Guess that will remain the $64,000 question.
For those that might think I didn't download PD 16, the atch shows a partial listing of what's installed on my computer and when.
Thanks all.

Well, guess what? Through some miracle, I found the key to my download of PD 16. Somehow, don't ask me as I don't know what all I did, but I received an email from Customer Service about my Cyberlink Cloud Service about to expire for PD 15. I clicked on the link and it opened the Customer Service home page. I found a link for My Products. I searched through them and THERE IT WAS!!! It showed PD 16 was purchased on 11/28/2017 @ 14:40:34 and it had the product key there. Copied it.
I then clicked on my PD 16 icon on my desktop, entered the key and completed the registration. Viola!!! PD 16 opened.
Yes, tomasc, I didn't register it at the time I downloaded it because I was deeply involved with preparing for my trip to Laos within a week and figured I'd do that when I returned. Unfortunately, sometime between Nov 28 and my return Jan 11, all emails that I had saved were missing. Still haven't found out why that happened. Google hasn't been any help in explaining why that happened. Never got any help from Google Support - only from a communit member and he couldn't explain it either. Only said Google doesn't delete anything.
Anyway, thanks for your concern. I've got my PD 16 up and running. Still don't know why it wasn't listed in my Orders and Products when I looked on the Support page. Reallly disappointed with lousy service with Support. Still no response from them.
Consider this situation closed. Jack