Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help-webcam newbie! Installed Logitech 930e webcam-can I use with already installed YouCam?
[Post New]
Details: Windows 10 laptop. Purchased Logitech 930e external webcam to help with livestreaming tutorials to my community, mostly for YouTube (so as I understand it, that’s basically an updated version of Google Hangouts), also some Facebook Live, but there’s no software included with the Logitech -only a very basic app that barely lets you control anything more than a couple clicks for up, down, side to side. I also will record these videos for future use—might edit them down after they’re Live & repost shorter versions. I already have YouCam installed & it was working on whatever webcam was built-into this laptop. Can I use YouCam to control the Logitech webcam during my livestreams? If so, (detailed) how? And, will YouCam effect the ability to record my livestreams to my desktop?

I’m not real techie, & have no tech help. Just starting to use webcams, in order to have good livestreaming quality for live tutorials, so that I can help others.

All help & advice greatly appreciated!🙏

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2018 18:25

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Details: Windows 10 laptop. Purchased Logitech 930e external webcam to help with livestreaming tutorials to my community, mostly for YouTube (so as I understand it, that’s basically an updated version of Google Hangouts), also some Facebook Live, but there’s no software included with the Logitech -only a very basic app that barely lets you control anything more than a couple clicks for up, down, side to side. I also will record these videos for future use—might edit them down after they’re Live & repost shorter versions. I already have YouCam installed & it was working on whatever webcam was built-into this laptop. Can I use YouCam to control the Logitech webcam during my livestreams? If so, (detailed) how? And, will YouCam effect the ability to record my livestreams to my desktop?

I’m not real techie, & have no tech help. Just starting to use webcams, in order to have good livestreaming quality for live tutorials, so that I can help others.

All help & advice greatly appreciated!🙏

Hi there,
>>Can I use YouCam to control the Logitech webcam during my livestreams?
Yes and No, since you said you're not a techie, so I don't think you can find the deep "Advanced" button in YouCam to open the control window. But maybe you can have a try. If you found it, you still can use YouCam to control Logitech 930e webcam.

>>will YouCam effect the ability to record my livestreams to my desktop?
Not quite understand what you mean, do you mean record livestream to be a video file store in your computer?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2018 21:41