Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blending Effects
[Post New]
Hi

1. Is there a way to create or customize the Blending Effects in PD16 ?

2. Is there a third party of Blending Effects for PD16 ?

Regards
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

1. Is there a way to create or customize the Blending Effects in PD16 ?

2. Is there a third party of Blending Effects for PD16 ?

Regards

This video tutorial may be enought to answer your question. It is for a slightly earlier version but it may be the same.

This is in the text: "If you are interested in using other blending effects, you can download others directly and for free from DirectorZone by clicking on the Free Templates button under “Downloaded”. "

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2018 14:38

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
For info. - Your linked image is being blocked by Malwarebytes. The report states that "cdn.top4top.net" is blocked because that domain has been spreading malware.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For info. - Your linked image is being blocked by Malwarebytes. The report states that "cdn.top4top.net" is blocked because that domain has been spreading malware.

What I posted? When I use the link, I go to a Cyberlink site. I read the text but did not play the Youtube video. (now I have)

I have both Kapersky and manual MalwareBytes on my computer.. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
No Steve in the OP as per screenshot.

screenshot

p.s. - whatever it is below the scrolly image - I only see a placeholder because it's blocked on my PC smile
[Thumb - mbam.jpg]
 Filename
mbam.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screenshot.
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 08. 2018 16:08

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: whatever it is below the scrolly image - I only see a placeholder because it's blocked on my PC

I don't know what the image is, but it's a link to Yousef's DirectorZone templates - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/profile/effect/127460372/upload Maybe the site where the image is housed is the problem. It's a placeholder here too.

Back to the OP's question: Yes - you can customise blending effects. There's a full explanation in Issue 5 of PDNews. This thread has some custom blend effects for download.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Correction: After posting the image appeared for some reason.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 08. 2018 17:05

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

I went through a PD news for BlendEffect .

In the following path I have found an xml file which contains a TEMPLATEKEY, each key is different than others in several folders, how to get the TEMPLATEKEY ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2\BlendEffect

Regards
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Yousefz -

You don't need to get any TEMPLATEKEY.

When I made those blend effects, all I did was:

1. Made a copy of one of the existing Blend Effects folders

2. Rename the folder

3. Replace the video file

4. Edit the BlendEffectTemplate.xml - filename & alias (no change to TEMPLATEKEY)

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Thanks ynotfish for your reply.

I did it and succeeded.

Is there any way to share these projects with others on director zone ?

Regards

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 09. 2018 13:50

ynotfish
[Post New]
Quote: Is there any way to share these projects with others on director zone ?

No - that's why I uploaded to Google Drive.

Cheers - Tony