Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Export Project
PointyHairedBoss
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Feb 17, 2016 12:39 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
When I export a project Photodirector does not save everything. I close the program, double click the the saved phd file & when the program opens the only thing that appears is the background image.
What am I missing? Windows 7, HP Omen Pro 15, Power Director 16, Photo Director 9
[Post New]
Hello,

When you export a project, there are options:

If you have the 3 options checked, your exported project should be complete. With the original source files copied the exported project can be used on a different PC.

Could you please test this again, in case there is some issue?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
PointyHairedBoss
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Feb 17, 2016 12:39 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

If you have the 3 options checked, your exported project should be complete. With the original source files copied the exported project can be used on a different PC.

PIX

See attached screen shots. #4 shows the project when I opened it again & all that is shown is the background
[Thumb - Capture4.JPG]
 Filename
Capture4.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
115 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Windows 7, HP Omen Pro 15, Power Director 16, Photo Director 9
PointyHairedBoss
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

PIX

sorry - more files - view them in numerical order to see what I did
[Thumb - Capture3.JPG]
 Filename
Capture3.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Capture1.JPG]
 Filename
Capture1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
127 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Capture2.JPG]
 Filename
Capture2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Windows 7, HP Omen Pro 15, Power Director 16, Photo Director 9
[Post New]
Yes, I see what you mean.

You were working in the Layers module, but the imported photo layer (hat) wasn't saved as part of the exported project. I'll make enquiries about that.

In your exported project, if you go back to the Library module, are all your photos available? (not counting the missing hat)

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2018 15:23

PIX YouTube channel
PointyHairedBoss
[Post New]
Quote Yes, I see what you mean.

You were working in the Layers module, but the imported photo layer (hat) wasn't saved as part of the exported project. I'll make enquiries about that.

In your exported project, if you go back to the Library module, are all your photos available? (not counting the missing hat)

PIX

Only the background photo appears in library mode. Windows 7, HP Omen Pro 15, Power Director 16, Photo Director 9
PointyHairedBoss
[Post New]
Quote Yes, I see what you mean.

PIX

Only the background photo appears in library mode.

I have done some further testing:

I open phd file A.phd
make some revisions
close phd & say Yes to save temporary file
when I reopen A.phd (or simply start phd) I see all my previous work saved

I open phd file A.phd
make some revisions
export the project to B.phd
close phd & say No to save temporary file
when I reopen B.phd none of my work has been saved & I am starting from where I first opened A.phd

I open phd file A.phd
make some revisions
export the project to B.phd
close phd & say Yes to save temporary file
when I reopen B.phd none of my work has been saved & I am starting from where I opened A.phd
If I reopen A.phd, my work has been saved there (but the previous state of A.phd has been overwritten & lost)

Do you have any further information on this issue? Windows 7, HP Omen Pro 15, Power Director 16, Photo Director 9