Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Add custom pip object the pip objects room
Tumithak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2017 21:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to import an image sequence of transparent .png images into powerdirector 16, and have them all treated as one file. From what I've been reading, and the videos I've been watching, it seems there's no way to do this. That is, you can import a sequence of images, but powerdirector treats them all as separate images not as one single clip.

It seems like I can overcome this obstacle by adding this image sequence to the pip objects room. I would like to know how to do this.

I already have the images ready to go, I guess I just need to know how to add them, what folder to put them in, and whatever the naming convention used is.

Please help me create my own custom pip object. Thanks.

EDIT:
I meant to add, my current workaround for this is to import all of my images on the timeline, add a colored background, exporting it as a video file, then importing that finished video back into PD and chroma keying out the background. I really wish I didnt have to do it this way. Some image sequences might contain a mulititude of colors that would be hard to erase using this method with the chroma key.

Does PD 16 have the aboility treat image sequences as one clip and I'm just not seeing it? Even if it does, I'd still like to know how to create my own pip objects.

Again thanks for your help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2018 00:05

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]

1. Yes, they are treated as images. What they actually are. Have you tried to import all images and set the duaration of every image to the length of 1 Frame? Maybe that is the same as a clip.

2. Try ffmpeg. It is the all swiss army knife for video. With that maybe you can convert your png files to an argb video clip.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
pippin3300 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2015 18:05 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Have you found this yet? Need to make a PNG file from your multiple photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOZFmqNx7uc

This might come in handy too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLA2FaOXkkg