CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using ColorDirector to create a Green Screen
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
Some time ago, someone asked me to show them how I managed to achieve a green screen without actually shooting a green screen!
It's taking me a while to get around to it so here is my contribution to making a green screen FX in ColorDirector 6, then using PowerDirector 16 to put it all together.
For my first video, I used PowerDirector 11 and ColorDirector 3 ( I think ! ) The latest versions of PowerDirector & ColorDirector are so much faster and easier to use. I dillied and dallied about upgrading and I'm now glad I took the plungeinnocent
Appologies for the spelling mistakes yell

Video is Mute, you'll have to make your own der, der der, der, ded der sound. Can you do a Light Saber?

I have already pointed out that I did not shoot the video, they are a FREE downloaded them from the Hit Film website, links included in the video.

hope it helps you.
Happy Editing
Cheers
Dave F.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2017 11:42

I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
Win 10 64-bit, Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost + 8GB Ram (could really do with more)
USB 3, 4TB external hard drive. Nvidia GT 640 GFX card
All work
Myk
Senior Member Private Message Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 202 Offline
[Post New]
Too bad the video is so small. I can't read what is going on. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 131 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Kyle,
I remember I once asked you to make a tutorial. Looks good!
I go for that tomorrow.
Thank-you!
Alain II
[Post New]
Quote Too bad the video is so small. I can't read what is going on.

Hi Myk, thanks for your comments. If you open it up in YouTube, you do get a better look at it innocent I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
Win 10 64-bit, Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost + 8GB Ram (could really do with more)
All work
[Post New]
Quote Hello Kyle,
I remember I once asked you to make a tutorial. Looks good!
I go for that tomorrow.
Thank-you!
Alain II

Hi Alain, I couldn't remember who asked. Glad it's been of some help.
Cheers I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
All work
[Post New]
Thank you Kyle,

Perhaps other members will be able to put your green screen "trick" into action.

An impressive forum contribution.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Thank you Kyle,

Perhaps other members will be able to put your green screen "trick" into action.

An impressive forum contribution.

PIX

Many thanks PIX cool
I've carried out a quick tweak, zooming in on some settings, plus adding a bit of sound plus an extra guest !
SFX was created by using a factory ambiance fx edited in AudioDirector and adding a Factory FX #2 . The SFX was looped after picking the most interesting sound.
Links to droid FX are included with the video.innocent
I'm sure I can hear Tie Fighters going past, what do think?surprised

cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2017 07:41

I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
All work
Reply to this topic