Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Concurrent user session message
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Have a freshly installed PD16 v2313 which if I rerun it too soon after closing it will produce the "Concurrent Users sessions not supported" message. Wait 10 or 20 seconds or so, try again all good.
Its irritating - not fatal - and seems like some process is left cleaning up after closing the program - which if you try and relaunch too soon - you violate the concurrent session rule - and it complains.
Any thoughts?
Alan.

PS just had an idea - run Task Manager, Processes tab, and 2 processes start when PD launched - PDHanumanSvr.exe and PDR.exe. But when you shutdown the program (in my test, having loaded nothing) PDHanumanSvr.exe disappears immediately, but PDR.exe remains active for around 5 or more seconds during which time any attempt at relaunch will fail or produce the Concurrent sessions error.
There's enthusiastic software, but refusing to die for that long?? Error or just lazy tidy up session?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2017 06:34

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I just checked mine, It opened the second time after almost immediately closing it and it did not give me that message.
Why are you opening and closing the program that frequently? What do you have going on when you first close it? Where are you saving the temporary project files?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2017 06:38

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just checked mine, It opened the second time after almost immediately closing it and it did not give me that message.
Why are you opening and closing the program that frequently? What do you have going on when you first close it? Where are you saving the temporary project files?

I dont know the answer, but it was very strange indeed.
Like, Steve, I tried it and got the same message. It went on long enough for me to try and open PD13 which was fine. It was about a minute before 16 would open again.
I always thought that message appeared only if you had another version open at the same time or you tried to open one version twice. Clearly not the case. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just checked mine, It opened the second time after almost immediately closing it and it did not give me that message.

Hi - thanks for your reply.
I am still very new to PD, and don't always reopen that quickly, its just that sometimes I do as a way to restarted from cold when I get in a mess, as I say not often, but when I do I get that message.
In my test I just launch PD - do nothing - close PD then I can watch the PDR.exe linger for some time before closing. Yes I agree it might have been saving temp files, except that having done nothing I cannot see what temp files might need saving.
When PD running, system is sitting between o and 1% active, when I close PD no perceptable load change is seen - and in around 5s or so PDR.exe eventually disappears. Not a lot you can do in 5s - before the issue disappears.
AlanR47
[Post New]

I dont know the answer, but it was very strange indeed.
Like, Steve, I tried it and got the same message. It went on long enough for me to try and open PD13 which was fine. It was about a minute before 16 would open again.
I always thought that message appeared only if you had another version open at the same time or you tried to open one version twice. Clearly not the case.

about a minute?? "surprised" at least mine usually <10s. So I wonder whats happening to make some versions/installations shut quick and others to die slowly (reluctantly?)
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
There are many things to do for a program, when it is called to stop. It has to release all the handles, it has to destroy all created objects and free the used variables and memory. I think, it depends on the system, how long these actions take. Maybe, some of the RAM is swapped to harddisk, then it must be reloaded, in order to destroy objects and do a "clean up". When everything is fine and clean, than the main program may stop. It should not take a minute, except on a very, very f... up system. But, dependent from the system itself, it can last some seconds.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
AlanR47
[Post New]
Quote There are many things to do for a program, when it is called to stop. It has to release all the handles, it has to destroy all created objects and free the used variables and memory. I think, it depends on the system, how long these actions take. Maybe, some of the RAM is swapped to harddisk, then it must be reloaded, in order to destroy objects and do a "clean up". When everything is fine and clean, than the main program may stop. It should not take a minute, except on a very, very f... up system. But, dependent from the system itself, it can last some seconds.

Hatti

Yeah thanks - very plausible - not a real issue as I know what to do - just puzzled PD is the first (and only) program that does this.
Thanks everyone for your input.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There are many things to do for a program, when it is called to stop. It has to release all the handles, it has to destroy all created objects and free the used variables and memory. I think, it depends on the system, how long these actions take. Maybe, some of the RAM is swapped to harddisk, then it must be reloaded, in order to destroy objects and do a "clean up". When everything is fine and clean, than the main program may stop. It should not take a minute, except on a very, very f... up system. But, dependent from the system itself, it can last some seconds.

Hatti

Hatti, how dare you, my system is first class innocent Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Hatti, how dare you, my system is first class innocent

Sorry, I forgot. laughing
Hatti (<- the one with the very first class system cool) Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
It happens to me also. I just don't complain about it.
30 seconds is nothing. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
BobEK49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2015 20:19 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same message, but it results in the application being locked. I am using PowerDirector 13. While using the application to edit a video, the application suddenly closed without warning. When I tried to open the application again, I get the message "Concurrent user session not supported". The only option is to close this message.

I have waited hours and retried the application with the same result. I have attempted to re-install the application and I get the "Concurrent user..." message once the instal begins. I can find the PDR13.exe file running in the windows Task Manager and the status is listed as "suspended". I can try to end the task and I get a message that access is denied.

How can I close an application which seems to be closed? How can I use an application that "thinks" that it is already open when it is not?