Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 - 3424 Crashes when working with 14GB MP4 (4 hrs video)
Smax [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2017 18:29 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
1- issue

I have a file 14GB MP4 4 hrs video from my camcorder HD.

I tried to use the PD15 to trim down. First I imported the this file and try to play in pd15 no problem, then try to drag and drop to bottom working area - in a sec or 2 the PD15 crashes and prompts up to report (reported) - Reboot PC and tried again same problem

- It's interesting, that after encounting this issue, I launch the older Sony Vegas Platinum 10 - I have successfully imported, worked and rendered out (trim down) with no problem.

2- issue

I have a file around 4 GB around an hr video. I imported and worked in PD15.

Noticed, in 10-15 seconds that I have applied the Stabilitity, zoom-in 50%, and move focus to that working area. At the export out, In that 10 seconds and other 10-15 sec of the another area that has been working on the video ALSO get jerking.

I am wondering if anyone has such issue and reported to Cyberlink?

My Windows 10 has 32GB RAM, i7, SSD drive and good video card

I did not see this issue, with older software Sony Vegas Platinum 10 (5 years ago version)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know when the issue was fixed, but PD did, at one time, have problems with SSD drives. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Smax [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2017 18:29 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
The issues are occurring with PD15 Ultimate, even with latest patch.
Sony Vegas Platinum 10 which been released 5-6 years ago, has no problem and no such issues.
I will not upgrade to PD16 or will get Cyberlink product for video editing. Maybe Cyberlink is focusing and targeting only to professional that working on short clips, While other competitive products focus on family for videos editing.
It's interesting that I wanted new product and hope that would work better; therefore I have purchased PD15 ultimate. Now learning that the PD15 occurring issue, I have to launch and use the Vegas Platinium 10 to edit video.