Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 8 wont load in Win 10 !
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Is anyone else having the same problem as myself?

I'm running Win10 and since the FALL update all sorts of things have not work properly!

One of the usual causes for PhotoDirector to stop loading/working, is a corrupted graphics driver, but even after a clean install of the latest Nvidia driver, PD will still not even load. Funny enough, I also have ColorDirector as part of the Director Suite which wouldn't load either, that is until I re-loaded my Nvidia driver. Now I have ColorDirector but no PhotoDirector!

Another point to mention is that the Win 10 UAC (Uses Account Control) keeps asking if I want to let PhotoDirector make changes to my computer! Now that's never happened before....

Cyberlink Support are looking into it but sadly nothing they've suggested has worked.

Here is a copy of the info sent automatically to cyberlink

Problem signature Problem Event Name: PCA2

Problem Signature 01: PhotoDirector8.exe

Problem Signature 02: 8.0.2031.0

Problem Signature 03: CyberLink PhotoDirector 8

Problem Signature 04: CyberLink PhotoDirector

Problem Signature 05: CyberLink Corp.

Problem Signature 06: 100 Problem Signature 07:

0 OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

Reading through the computers reliability and problem history, it appears that everytime there is another Windows software update something crashes or just won't work frown

Cheers

Dave F. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Frustrating isn't it? I have PhotoDirector 9.

I just got the Fall update installed yesterday and was able to open PhotoDirector 9 without a problem. It seemed a little slow opening it the first time though. I was able to add and edit photos.

I have a nVidia GTX 760 with 388.13 driver - Oct 30, 2017.

Have you rolled back the driver to an earlier one?

Edit: I also have PhotoDirector 5 on this computer and it also opened without issue. I did not checxk to see if it worked properly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05. 2017 09:43

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote Frustrating isn't it? I have PhotoDirector 9.

I just got the Fall update installed yesterday and was able to open PhotoDirector 9 without a problem. It seemed a little slow opening it the first time though. I was able to add and edit photos.

I have a nVidia GTX 760 with 388.13 driver - Oct 30, 2017.

Have you rolled back the driver to an earlier one?

Edit: I also have PhotoDirector 5 on this computer and it also opened without issue. I did not checxk to see if it worked properly.

Hi stevek,

The short answer is "Yes". Idid try the 388.13 driver but was instructed by Cyberlink to install 388.31 driver. I've also tried several of the older drivers that used to work.

Latest News !

I've just been instructed to run "PHD_dumpmsg.reg" from a supplied zip file, then try to run PhotoDirector and let it cook for 1 minute.

Wow, some very interesting comments in the txt file that I wasn't expecting!yell However, I don't really know what it means, not good that's for sure.

Will have to report back after Cyberlink Support have sifted through the infosurprised

Cheers for now

Kyle 40
[Post New]
Well, that's sorted it now. I've had to reload Win 10 as what ever was preventing PD from loading, started affecting other programs !

Everything appears to work now.

Cheers

Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote Is anyone else having the same problem as myself?

I'm running Win10 and since the FALL update all sorts of things have not work properly!

One of the usual causes for PhotoDirector to stop loading/working, is a corrupted graphics driver, but even after a clean install of the latest Nvidia driver, PD will still not even load. Funny enough, I also have ColorDirector as part of the Director Suite which wouldn't load either, that is until I re-loaded my Nvidia driver. Now I have ColorDirector but no PhotoDirector!

Another point to mention is that the Win 10 UAC (Uses Account Control) keeps asking if I want to let PhotoDirector make changes to my computer! Now that's never happened before....

Cyberlink Support are looking into it but sadly nothing they've suggested has worked.

Here is a copy of the info sent automatically to cyberlink

Problem signature Problem Event Name: PCA2

Problem Signature 01: PhotoDirector8.exe

Problem Signature 02: 8.0.2031.0

Problem Signature 03: CyberLink PhotoDirector 8

Problem Signature 04: CyberLink PhotoDirector

Problem Signature 05: CyberLink Corp.

Problem Signature 06: 100 Problem Signature 07:

0 OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

Reading through the computers reliability and problem history, it appears that everytime there is another Windows software update something crashes or just won't work frown

Cheers

Dave F.

My computer problem also affected ColorDirector as well as PhotoDirector and, as it turned out, several other NON Cyberlink programes.
But it's all sorted now. It turned out that the problem did not originate from Cyberlink software, it was a Microsoft problem/corrupt file problem so the only way to fix this particular problem it was to re-load Win10.
However, I thought this was going to be difficult as I no longer have the original Win10 disk. I found that Microsoft offer a Win10 ISO disc from their software download and this saved the day ( so to speak ) !
Apart from the photo editing, I'm also behind ( with at least ) 4 videos ( all multi cam! ) to complete for my local art club, hopefully I can now get them finished before their new season starts innocent
Cheers
Dave F.
PS I still need to upgrade my PC but that's something for me to look forward to in the New Year wink I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.